Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

what if macintosh made a gaming system?

would it suck? would it kick ass?? imho, i think they will do a good ass job and the system will not only look cool, but they will have comfortable controlsers.

Originally posted by kain
but they will have comfortable controlsers.

right... after all they did make the world's most easy to use and comfortable mouse with their first iMacs.

It would have one game that no one has ever heard of, yet followers of the system would constantly insist that it has the best damn game ever, and that the system is very good for this game.

well, back then, volvo's where square. so where hondas, but look now.

i aint talking about just the games, i mean the overall system. the looks and everything.

well, back then, volvo's where square. so where hondas, but look now.

Back then? you mean 98? I'm talking about them damn round mice with one badly placed button.

what was bad about them?obviously they would make it look futuristsic with clear windows and ... damn, its pointless. their mice are confortable as hell.

what was bad about them?obviously they would make it look futuristsic with clear windows and ... damn, its pointless. their mice are confortable as hell.

I don't know about you, but when I look at my hand it's about twice as long as it is wide, so the common sence thing would tell you to create a mouse with the same proportions. But they end up creaing a round mouse, that is soo horribly uncomfortable and hard to use that it makes you want to throw it right through the damn screen. Atleast that's what happens to me when I am forced to use one at school.

confortable as hell.

Right. I think it's time to reanalize the meaning of that expression.

The console itself would be a work of art.

The hardware and the game library collectively would be a steaming pile of bovine and canine fecal material.

Yet people would swear by it, and scoff derisively at the owners of mainstream systems that play workable, likeable games.

Originally posted by IMJack
The console itself would be a work of art.

The hardware and the game library collectively would be a steaming pile of bovine and canine fecal material.

Yet people would swear by it, and scoff derisively at the owners of mainstream systems that play workable, likeable games.

Yep, it's official, Macs are a religion.

Originally posted by orion
Back then? you mean 98? I'm talking about them damn round mice with one badly placed button.

That's one of the few things I don't like about Macs; 1-button mice.

Originally posted by Crendowing
That's one of the few things I don't like about Macs; 1-button mice.

this is inspiring me to create a mouse/keyboard combo. Imagine a mouse with about 50 keys, great isn't it?

Originally posted by orion

this is inspiring me to create a mouse/keyboard combo. Imagine a mouse with about 50 keys, great isn't it?

Next question: who has the dexterity for that sort of thing? =)

what if macintosh made a gaming system?

It would suck and nobody in their right mind would buy it.

If Mac made a gaming console it would quite probably follow their 'lead' in the computer world:

. it would look really really cute
. it would have 5% of the available software, 75% of that 5% would be ports
. it would have cute controllers that are incredibly difficult to hold yet alone use
. it would cost $400 and be worth about $3

Originally posted by deadnail
If Mac made a gaming console it would quite probably follow their 'lead' in the computer world:

. it would look really really cute
. it would have 5% of the available software, 75% of that 5% would be ports
. it would have cute controllers that are incredibly difficult to hold yet alone use
. it would cost $400 and be worth about $3

Like I said, it would suck and nobody in their right mind would buy one.

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
It would suck and nobody in their right mind would buy it.

Geez...you just see the word "Mac" and you diss it.

Believe me, the iMacs aren't exactly the best in the world, but the old PowerMac was OK to use IMO. In fact, the old PowerMac lying on the desk in the utility room right now is the first machine I really played DOOM on :)

Mac: Heh...I used to think I was the only person in the world named "Brent"...then I watched ST:TNG and found out the guy who played Data was named Brent Spiner. My first thought was "freaky dude..."

I actually like Macs. Not really the old ones (Mac Classics and PowerPCs, eugh) but the new iMacs and G4s. Especially the Powerbooks and iBooks. Mac laptops have to be the sexiest things ever. They're also pretty easy to use, although they're probably designed more for the creative type.

Anyway, a Mac console? It'd be interesting. It would probably be very pretty, with glowing bits and curves galore. However, the software would probably suck. Probably mainly PC/X-Box ports or pretty but boring clones. It'd be interesting to see the hardware though, since Apple are gods with hardware.

most companies that come out with systems, dont make their own games, accept sega, or nintendo. also atari. but what if it was the only system that could supprt doom 3 that is a direct port of the computer, and it cost $200? think about it. i macs where one of the cheapest computer around when they came out.

why would you even have a mac gaming console? the only reasons consoles exist is because people get fed up with not fitting into game requirements. With a mac you already have basicly all the models being almost the same except for minor differences like one comes with a dvd, the other with a cdrw. Then again the new one is supposed to have a choise between different processor speeds.

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
I hate macs for a reason...

Hating them just because most of the members here do as well while never having ever used one in your entire life doesn't sound like much of a reason to me.