Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Assasin's Creed Screenshot mistaken for Syria

Can't believe that dome by her left shoulder didn't tip them off. And they probably found an image without that "news" filter on it, where it REALLY looks like a video game screen shot. Baffling.

Reminds me of a thread I saw on /v/ where some Anon was regaling people with a tale of how his mother couldn't tell the difference between Crysis' real life references and its in-game screenshots, in terms of which were photographs and which weren't.

I do believe non-gaming people can be fooled, even if that particular screenshot from Ass Creed isn't the most faithful to reality.

Even though this isn't exactly related but I once saw a shop brocure in the past with a picture of a Gameboy Color with a level of Super Mario Bros Deluxe in the display and a Wario sprite from Wario land 2 instead of the Mario sprite was in it, I have no idea how that came to be.

And even less related, a Thailand travel firm was using a picture of a beach on the small Scottish island of Burneray to advertise one of the Thai beaches.

How did they not suspect that the photo was CGI? I mean if you were to look at it closely then you would see that it's fake and just a picture of a CGI city.

NiTROACTiVE said:

I mean if you were to look at it closely

They didn't look at it closely.

Perhaps someone behind the scenes did it for the lulz.

In the news business, getting a story out before any other news agency can mean money, so mistakes like this happen. Why risk fact checking when you risk someone getting a story out first?

Of course, other mistakes can happen.