Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Plutonia 2 No Monsters demo pack [-complevel 4]

doomdaniel95 said:

A couple of things are still wrong (sorry). MAP20 is in 1:00. MAP22 is in 0:49. Sorry if my previous post was confusing.

My memory at it's finest for you. I look at one page for the corrections, edit the other, forget the map name and number, look back, repeat process.

Looked again and still a couple of things are wrong lol. JCD did MAP20. I did MAP22. The times are right; you just need to switch the player names.

One other thing I saw is on MAP17, ClumsyDoomer did it in 13 seconds, not 12.

Sadly not 13.something but still faster than the one I posted earlier. How many levels are still missing? I know dew has an impressive 26 nomo in doomworld and 15 secret exit doesn't seem possible without the archvile. I might try 27 with my newly found gliding powers at some point.

Map03 in 0:14 (point 11)

p203o014.zip

What will we do after PL2? Is it possible we could get some more nomo demos up for Alien Vendetta (2nd release)? I've been trying to improve my old crappy demos for av on my own, and I realized it might be more fun if we all tried to as a group. :) I already have 4 demos for av that completely trump my old times. Those 4 demos are not on DSDA, however... my old times are, though.

doomdaniel95 said:

What will we do after PL2?

A different wad. Jokes aside, probably sit down and celebrate with some Kopparberg. :) PRCP will probably be next but I don't mind what wad we do next.

Springy said:

A different wad. Jokes aside, probably sit down and celebrate with some Kopparberg. :) PRCP will probably be next but I don't mind what wad we do next.

Oh well, I don't know PRCP very well, but ofc I'll come along to look at demos if that's up next. :)

dew said:

map30 in 0:33

a lot of number crunching went into this, heh.

Great "-nomonsters" run :-D

Map27 in 0:58. I said I might do this... so I did. Nothing mindblowing but now this pack is almost done. Now if someone could rope dew to posting his map26 nomo here since that run is pretty boss Springy could wrap this up and start enjoying his Kopparberg (just kidding of course, but that run really makes me not want to try that map).

That Map30 run is pretty crazy by the way. To what extent can you manipulate RNG like that, is something like that maybe doable in doom2 map 30 or will any awake monsters mess it up?

p227o058.zip

this exact formula won't work anywhere else. you may be able to work out similar solutions to other nomo maps by watching the LUT index in xdre, but live interacting monsters will easily ruin it for you. basically you need to TAS through the map first, then you can repeat it for real, heh.

anyways, i'll try to get a new map26 run so we're not cutting any corners with this pack.

To show I'm not just being lazy with this I decided to give it a couple of tries (well, maybe a bit more than that) and I did actually get below 1:40 which I didn't think was possible without RJ+linedef skip shenanigans. This still doesn't count since it's not faster or even as fast as dews run. If my movement wasn't so messed up this could've been a 1:37 but oh well. Biggest part of this route is definitely getting the glide fast.

p226o138.zip

map26 in 1:30

i could probably redo it without the brainfarts, cause i finally got the right touch for the rjump, but i don't take much pleasure in the linedef skip, so mehh. let's finish this. :)

p226o130.zip

Nice run, dew! I always admire the kind of patience you guys have for making runs lol. That's why mine aren't so great usually. :)

I'll edit times and download the latest demos in the morning just been inactive for a while.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Map32 in 0:54, hell yeah!

Hmm, the demo desynced for me after about 23 seconds, so I didn't get to see it all. :( Looked great from the start, though!

doomdaniel95 said:

Hmm, the demo desynced for me after about 23 seconds, so I didn't get to see it all. :( Looked great from the start, though!

Worked fine for me on prboom-plus at least.

doomdaniel95 said:

Don't worry, I've messed up the end :)
I think, it desyncs because of the demo footer (can be fixed with xdre), but it may also desync because of different source port versions.

a possible desync is caused because the demo was recorded with complevel 2. this changes the way teleporters behave if the target platform is lower than the point of origin, because the final doom .exe (cl4) introduces a specific bug.

it cannot be fixed by editing/xdre without rerecording everything past the teleporter (or maybe adding a few tics of waiting during the fall), so don't try - it'd become a clear TAS. either keep it as cl2 (if springy doesn't mind a buggy demo in the pack), or start from scratch.

doomdaniel95 said:

How can you possibly tell that? lol

If you open the demo file in a text editor, at the end it says some of the parameters (like the PrBoom version used, iwad, pwad, and complevel).

Dew told me that this was pretty much done and I forgot to update the first post so will do that now I have some time. Compiling will happen at some other point but I can't promise it being completed this week. Hope you all have been well. Just out of interest, who's up for PRCP next time?

Edit:

Springy could wrap this up and start enjoying his Kopparberg

Oh yes, I love my cider, especially when the weather's hot. You somehow named one of my favourite drinks.