Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

What Are These DooM Textures 2: Electric Boogaloo

Probably been done to hell, but I might have some things not mentioned before/too lazy to sift through hundreds of threads.

What is RW16_4 supposed to be? Looks ever so vaguely like the marine on Ultimate Doom's boxart, but without all the demons. Or it might be something else.

Another thing: has anyone noticed the oval stone in WALL63_1 turn into a diamond in WALL64_2? Also, SNAK7_1 SNAK8_1 = ground Hell Knight and Baron of Hell, respectively.

Platinum Shell said:

What is RW16_4 supposed to be? Looks ever so vaguely like the marine on Ultimate Doom's boxart, but without all the demons. Or it might be something else.

Yea , a marine that handles a gun above his head , really funny.

Anyways , this has been answered. (I think)

Nooooo

That's George Washington swinging a saber, or so I thought since I was 10 until just now.

I was expecting to see some COMPBLUE.

Well, I've been wondering about the stripes on mancubus back side. Are they zebra stripes or are they just fat making shadows? From side views they look like shadows.. from back and back/diagonal they look like zebra stripes.

And now I just can't see them as shadows anymore. Maybe mancubus have some zebra dna mixed in them. Which could explain why there are no zebras in DoomII, even if it happens on Earth.

Mystery solved!

i always seen a swimming corpse / revenant (or a tortured soul, but since was the cutest tortured soul of hell some artistic demon make a picture of him and sell copies of it's masterpiece around every corner of the world)

Jimi said:

Well, I've been wondering about the stripes on mancubus back side. Are they zebra stripes or are they just fat making shadows? From side views they look like shadows.. from back and back/diagonal they look like zebra stripes.

And now I just can't see them as shadows anymore. Maybe mancubus have some zebra dna mixed in them. Which could explain why there are no zebras in DoomII, even if it happens on Earth.

Mystery solved!

They probably just did a poor job at it.

If you take a look at the model id used for the Mancubus, you'll notice that it indeed has some sort of Zebra stripes!

Jimi said:

yeah, even on these savanna maps with elephants there are no zebras, I was finding it weird until now. (all lions have been caught and inserted in walls ofc)