Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ComicMischief

Edge DDF documentation?

Simply put, I can't get to the DDF documentation as linked to from here.

Are there any mirrors, or does someone have them on their computer somewhere?

Kinda want to get stuck in with making a thing on EDGE since I used to way back when (a thing I never quite finished)...

Yep. Seems dead to me.

I think for now, I shall reference the DDFs that come with Edge and pick apart the QDoom ones. I don't think I'll need anything too crazy (outside of these animated cut-scenes I want to do somehow).

I used to have these on a drive a few computers ago, though that's no good.

Look out for a PM from me, I have the entire archive backed up. I was putting together a Wiki page for EDGE documentation, but lack of interest killed it quickly. I might bring one back up if people would need it.

I'll send you that stuff shortly. QDoom is horribly outdated to reference any kind of code from.

Gez said:

You mean this?

Unfortunately, it seems even the Internet Archive has missed them.

Thought I had a copy, but apparently not - unless it's hiding on one of my external drives.

Just uploaded the DDF Documentation to the SF page.

Just note that it isn't up to date - the last version this was intended for was 1.29. I'm bringing it all up to date myself, and will release it with the arrival of 3DGE 1.37 (someday). Quite a few of these [functions] are deprecated now, but it should give you a general idea of what direction to go in when writing something.

These were written by Andy Baker, Ziggy Gnarly, Lobo, and ajapted (not sure if there were other authors); so the credits go to them.

Chu, thank you so much. This is at least something for me to get my teeth into, so to speak. Right now I've been drawing animations for the characters -- it's 5x the workload I thought it would be!

But, you know, I'll manage. I really wanna get this game done.

Thanks again. :)