Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Is there a text generator that can generate "Nightmare" text?

I'm trying to create an M_DOOM graphic for my latest wad and I want to use the text that gets used on the "Nightmare!" option in the difficulties. As far as I know Doomword is unable to do this, so is there a text generator that can?

One thing I found annoying about Bitmap Font Writer is that it leaves a little space at the top of the picture:

Can this be changed?

I have it at 0 too. I guess I'll just have to edit the font to fix this. (move the letters a few pixels higher)

Looks promising and the right size, I'll give it a shot. Any idea who the author is?

Memfis said:

I have it at 0 too. I guess I'll just have to edit the font to fix this. (move the letters a few pixels higher)

Or use a "Doom-mixed *" font and type in all-caps. The 12-point characters are treated as lower-case in the "Doom-large *" fonts, hence the space above.

GreyGhost said:

Looks promising and the right size, I'll give it a shot. Any idea who the author is?

Eriance, from the looks of it. Here's a link to the thread I found it in.

Finished! Copy/save to Bitmap Font Writer's /fonts directory as Nightmare.bmp and enjoy. It's also available in a zip file if that doesn't work.