Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EANB

Lost Sanctum - Episode 4 map

FDA. I enjoyed it, pretty fun for a Doom 1 map. I noticed that you often use W1 teleport lines in monsters closets. That's not nice because if they fail due to someone standing on the teleporting spot, they will never work again, so some monsters might become stuck in their closets for eternity. I also found two cacodemons that were stuck in each other near the exit. And one more thing: I thought it was a bit cheap how you used invisible blocking lines to prevent the player from jumping to the southeast area. It just really bugs me when it looks like I can reach some area but I actually can't. Then again, I did exactly the same thing in one of my Green Day maps...

I must admit this map looks gorgeous and it plays pretty well too, it gets quite hairy in places when you are trawling around knocking off the odd imp or demon and then suddenly an evil trap drops you right into a world of pain. I like it :)

Memfis said:

FDA. I enjoyed it, pretty fun for a Doom 1 map. I noticed that you often use W1 teleport lines in monsters closets. That's not nice because if they fail due to someone standing on the teleporting spot, they will never work again, so some monsters might become stuck in their closets for eternity. I also found two cacodemons that were stuck in each other near the exit. And one more thing: I thought it was a bit cheap how you used invisible blocking lines to prevent the player from jumping to the southeast area. It just really bugs me when it looks like I can reach some area but I actually can't. Then again, I did exactly the same thing in one of my Green Day maps...

Ah I didn't realse W1 teleporters worked that way, I thought it would only count after a successful teleport.

I've updated; changed all teleport lines to repeatable, changed the last area a lot because I thought it was a bit cramped, removed the impassable lines and made that area inaccessable another way, and fixed some texture alignments you got close to. Also removed some ammo from the secret because it seemed to make it a bit easy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hn3vmppcuzwvmv0

cannonball said:

I must admit this map looks gorgeous and it plays pretty well too, it gets quite hairy in places when you are trawling around knocking off the odd imp or demon and then suddenly an evil trap drops you right into a world of pain. I like it :)

Thanks!