Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

marine/ocean base wads?

I think the first level of Vela Pax is surrounded by water for the most part... (Might be second?) but you don't really see very much of it I don't think. MAP11 of Alien Vendetta is set on an island, but it's not really a base. Can't remember many others right now.

Yeah, Shoreleave (Aboocean) is cute.

Perhaps the closest to what you describe is Ocean Base (my brief review is here).

A few others that might be of interest, if general "by/under the sea" levels are of interest:
Undersea (for historical interest)
SymOcean
Waterfront - this has inspired some other maps too, which I don't recall the top of my head. Probably in Fragport and Herian 1 or 2.
And quite a lot of others. I guess you could include Equinox map01 (and its transformed counterart map13) and Hacx map09. And Odyssey map04.

Oh my god. Its never occured to me that Ive never seen an underwater mapset before. This would be amazing!

Armageddon Invasion 2's Map12 is set on a boat, and then it goes underwater to an undersea base.

Then again, it's Invasion mode for Skulltag/Zandronum.

It would kind of be like Bioshock-Doom.

Food for thought: There could be schools of fish on a transparent texture scrolling horizontally, while bubbles on another transparent texture scrolls vertically behind it. That would look cool behind windows.

Completely unrelated to the topic, but I have to say that has to be my favorite avatar you've made yet Mechadon.

Also yes, Arcadia is amazing.

I looked at the idgames page and was highly amused at the number of newbs who can't handle a nonlinear map. Too bad my newly added shining review can't offset the score that was mostly set by butthurt topologically-retarded "reviewers".

No need to insult them. People can have different opinions on nonlinearity and that's normal.

"Crap" or "The author and his wad are shit" aren't valid opinions on nonlinearity. Have you even seen those comments?

Death Egg said:

Completely unrelated to the topic, but I have to say that has to be my favorite avatar you've made yet Mechadon.

Heh, thanks! The color palette and inspiration comes from something you may recognize (given your username :P).

Speaking of Vela Pax, I'm not sure the first two maps would really qualify as an island map. The first map is surrounded by water, yes, and MAP02 is sort of the token "water treatment plant" map. But I don't think you could call them island maps per se. MAP03, on the other hand, might fit that setting (but with nukage instead of water). Although I have to make the map first, so who knows :P