Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ibm5155

Tried to crash zdoom engine but I failed

I failed to crash gzdoom and zdoom engine =/ but at least I crash the zandronum port \o/
(If you have epilepsy do not touch that link->)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZbCDQ3udI

Download Here

Well This was the result of trying to abuse from my original mod called SSHU (not on doomworld forum), but people requested to launch it as a separated wad so here is it :D, have fun

LOL. LOL! LOL!

Downloading now.

EDIT: Who could believe it would be such fun trying to snipe down pain elemental with the supershotgun in enormous outdoor area with low gravity and friction, filled by HOM to top that, and with arachnotron plasma cruising the air and that, THAT MUSIC!

ibm5155 - you are a genius :)

Funny, I've been thinking about making a map like that today. Not as crazy of course but still with enough moving parts to make it feel like the level is "alive" or something. But I guess it would require a lot of planning, which is the difficult part for me as I'm more used to improvising.

btw for an example of a map that crashes zdoom check out gggmork's contribution to DMP2012.

This is really awesome, probably the druggiest weirdest most schizophrenically creative doom/acs things I've seen.

I get some of those diamond icons with exclamation points in zdoom but I guess that's just for gzdoom required lights or whatever.

I've heard that music before but can't remember where (maybe a lemmings remix or something).

gggmork said:

I've heard that music before but can't remember where (maybe a lemmings remix or something).

The instant I heard it, I knew. It suits the map perfectly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw

I'm not sure if the music is actually from this video originally, but what a suit.

I am going to play this right now. Because I hate my eyesight and wish to torment it.

Also because I wanna check out how half this stuff is done.

Remarkable if zany wad.

Thanks ib.

Played this the other month when he posted it on the ZDoom forums.

Mockaward winner. Shouldn't really be any competition for it this year.

A lot of the stuff in that video seems like it would be really amazing for a corrupted-reality style map if it weren't trying to hard to be over the top and zany. I hope you'll bend your talents towards that at some point, if you haven't already!

Not to say this proof of concept isn't immensely entertaining on its own. :)