Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

[Doom Radio] Interview with Benjogami & Mr. Zzul

YAY, a new episode! Thank you for conducting this interview, I missed these quite a lot.

So, I'm going over some of the recent episodes as part of a general assessment for improving sound quality, and it occurs to me how irritating mouth clicks are. Mine, specifically. Yech! Maybe it's not all that off-putting for you folks but it's starting to do my head in now that I've noticed it. Some of the more advanced equipment that's arriving should help alleviate a few of the problems, but most of this can probably be dealt with in post-production (and with lots of glasses of water). I'll see what I can do.

Now would also be an excellent time to take advantage of my vulnerable state by hurling suggestions and criticisms.

16 minutes ago, Alfonzo said:

Warning: contains evil laughter in a New Zealand accent.

If you listen closely you can hear an example of said laughing right now!

Massive props to Alfonzo for having me on: it was a damn good time and an honour to take part in. :)

Yes, I should start listing the tracks used to close out interviews (and probably other cast episodes in future). Skeleton Waltz is easily among my favorite Eris MIDIs, and it sounds playful and devilish much in the same way that some of Obsidian's maps play and feel. A little tongue-in-cheek; a little bit panto.

2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

it was a damn good time

And a damn fine Sheev Wheejin'

Ha, I guess that's why MrZzul finished UV Max/Reality on Sunder Map05 because of this special relationship.

Posted (edited)

While I appreciate the clear skill that is required to complete slaughter maps and I enjoy watching videos of others play them, personally, I don't usually enjoy playing slaughter maps. Admittedly, I do like some of the "entry-level" slaughter maps, but as you go up the "scale" of slaughter maps, the less I tend to enjoy playing them.

All of that being said, I am looking forward to listening to this and reading NIH's interview.

EDIT:

I finished listening to and reading the interviews and I enjoyed them. I thought they were engaging and informative. It's too bad NIH couldn't make it; I would've enjoyed listening to her expound on the intricacies of slaughter-mapping, in addition to Benjogami's and Zzul's thoughts.

Also, I did not realize that one of the purposes of Slaughtermax was to try to attract new players and mappers to the genre--I thought it was intended more for people who were already into either making or playing slaughtermaps.

Edited by Pegleg

The sound quality (which was never bad,) seems better, fuller and smoother somehow.

Excellent, I just thought about these shows the other day and forgot to check for a new release. Now I have something to listen to in some downtime.