Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

zdoom, key card colours?

Looked over the zdoom wiki and google, can't find anything about what colors are used aside from red, yellow, blue. I've seen purple and green key colours - is there a certain set of colours or can you effectively create any colour key with scripting?

You can create any sort of keys you like. I believe DECORATE and LOCKDEFS are what you'd need to look into, the former to create the new or modified key items and the latter to create locks that use them.

You can replace the skull key graphics and change the messages in DeHackEd. A slightly basic way of working, but it works. :)

invictius said:

Looked over the zdoom wiki and google, can't find anything about what colors are used aside from red, yellow, blue. I've seen purple and green key colours - is there a certain set of colours or can you effectively create any colour key with scripting?

LOCKDEFS.

Example:

lock 1337
{
    CyanKey
    Message "You need a key with a color outside of the (Doom) spectrum to open this door"
    MapColor 0 255 255
}
Then with DECORATE it's super-easy too.
Actor CyanKey : DoomKey 1337
{
    Inventory.PickupMessage "You picked up a key with a color that's not in the palette (but no, it is not invisible)"
    States
    {
    Spawn:
        CYAN K -1
    }
}
For the graphics, just do it yourself. Though you could create them from the original Doom graphics by translating them with the TEXTURES lump.

I'm pretty sure Super Sonic Doom replaced the skullkey graphics to create additional colored keycards? I dunno.

LOCKDEFS would probably be a better option.

Gez said:

Though you could create them from the original Doom graphics by translating them with the TEXTURES lump.

Can you do it directly from DECORATE? Translate ranges of colours.