Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

how can you make a window patch

ok, that's what i thought, heh

i did it with paintshop filling the entire outward part with cyan already, however, there still left out some stitches in white after the process of loading this .jpg in XWE. What's up with that?

JPG is a lossy format, it will blur (I dunno how to describe it correctly) the colors to reduce the size. Well, at least the image will look blurred. Anyways, just use some image format that is not lossy, like BMP, GIF, PNG...

I'm pretty sure WinTex uses only .BMPs, and so far everything I've done using the cyan background works just fine.

boris said:

JPG is a lossy format, it will blur (I dunno how to describe it correctly) the colors to reduce the size. Well, at least the image will look blurred.

JPG is stupid. Depending on the compression, it will take two colours and decide whether they are different or too average the two out and make both the same colour.

If you know what I mean...

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Depending on the compression, it will take two colours and decide whether they are different or too average the two out and make both the same colour.

...or sometimes it takes entire 8x8 blocks of pixels and does the color matching.

* puke *

Lüt said:

...or sometimes it takes entire 8x8 blocks of pixels and does the color matching.

* puke *

Even more reason NOT to use it...
/me sees Lüt's puke and then puke's himself...

Since JPG format was design for compressing 24 bit photographic images where the "colour blur" is less noticable to the human eye, its hardly any wonder its not any good for Doom textures with their 8 bit colours.

Anyway where would a certain category of websites be without JPG compression? ;o)