• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

JDoom?

I saw this link a few days ago
http://home.talkcity.com/genXAv/quad5ny15/doom.html

and it was JDoom?? I'm having a little trouble beliving that. the weapon was 3d, and so was the fireball! And the models, whilst looking like the updated ones from Jdoom (looking at those Imps), I have the most recent Jdoom, and 3d weapons and fireballs don't seem to be part of the equation. so.. what was the program? if it was Jdoom, how do I make the fireballs go 3d? I got 3d monsters..

ehm... they're md2's, you probably have the old ones, the ones in the pic are new. Don't ask me for a link to download the new ones cause I don't know it... slayer? dunno

I think the ability for JDoom to display high res textures is done or nearly done, but adding detail to all doom1, 2, and final doom textures surely isn't. I doubt if he's even attempting that.

New MD2s? Hmmmmmm....I downloaded the latest stand-alone version of JDOOM, and it didn't look like it had any new models; then again, I had some trouble with [whatever].exe that extracts all the stuff from the folders.

I'm not real sure but for me md2's were alweys a seperate download. Actually except for JDoom 1.0, but I think you'll have to download the new md2's because I doubt if they were put into the jdoom install file. Just my guess though.

There are some hi-res textures done, i don't remember the addres, but you can find a link in Jdoom homepage misc. section.

the fireballs shown in that picture are in a self-extracting exe named missiles.exe
the 3D shotgun in that screenshot is a part of the abbspack v2.
they both are found in the Jdoom ftp server, also a link should be in the jdoom homepage.

I tested new Jdoom last weekend with icarus, it was a bit slow sometimes, but didn't crash. (900MHz Celeron, TNT2)

bigbadgangsta said:

SWEET! I wish my system could handle JDoom

I can't wait until the hi-res textures are done...unless they already are

I don't get it.

bigbadgangsta said:

Heh, it runs on a PII with a 4MB video card.

Stop being lazy, get a job, and upgrade! Or if you already have a job, stop being a cheapskate and upgrade! :)

I can't wait until the hi-res textures are done...unless they already are

The Support for the high res textures is almost complete, he's making some minor changes...but the big problem is finding them. I know someones made some high res textures for Freedoom but apart from that....dunno

Zro said:

There are some hi-res textures done, i don't remember the addres, but you can find a link in Jdoom homepage misc. section.

Why doesn't anyone listen to me?!

Well I did, in a way..the textures you linked to are the textures I was referring to...I have seen them before. I have also downloading...i'm now getting the current doomsday too, which I didn't no existed till I checked out the homepage after visiting this thread :)

New version again? Well, must download. Hey! Finaly a jHexen Model Pack!