Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

I dream of...Quake?

well i have been looking all over for my copy of quake1, at my mom,s house. however it was not to be found in that place so i go to sleep. well inn my dream i see myself puting the the quake CD into an old ass nasty stained CD case. I woke up saying "what the hell was that" Today i came to my dad's house and sat here at this computer. I look up and what do I see? that moldy nasty CD case and inside lays the quake CD. guess dreams can help u remeber what u do with shit.
tobad i can dream of something and make it real, or transport it into the real world. i need a new monitor, and a few other things would be nice

About finding Quake: What a nightmare that must have been, dreaming about finding such a lousy game....

About your desire to dream things up: Heh, I know the feeling.

WHY!? FIRST REPLY. FIRST SENTENCE. What do I find? FLAMMEABLE MATERIAL. And not only that, OLD MATERIAL!

Zaldron said:

WHY!? FIRST REPLY. FIRST SENTENCE. What do I find? FLAMMEABLE MATERIAL. And not only that, OLD MATERIAL!

Hmm, seems like Zaldron has a stick shift key

Quake rules.

Yes, sometimes dreams can help you gain insight.

Why is my processor working at 55ºC IDLE?

Oh, it's actually at 35ºC.

My bad.

Nuno Correia said:

Yes, sometimes dreams can help you gain insight.

Hm, I wonder what the one about Dashiva getting run over by a bus while prostituting after throwing crap at deadnail's window was all about.

dreaming about finding such a lousy game....

Especially that awful soundtrack... sounds like it was done by someone with the skill of a 10 year old

Lüt said:

Hm, I wonder what the one about Dashiva getting run over by a bus while prostituting after throwing crap at deadnail's window was all about.

He can only find out after I find out why I dreamt that I was a tall skinny blonde but I still had my dick and I fucked the hell out of this hot brunette on a big cushion shaped like a heart that was flying through a giant computer chip.

thinking you are a chick with a dick is definitely something you should consult a psychologist about.

Jon said:

thinking you are a chick with a dick is definitely something you should consult a psychologist about.

Actually BEING a chick with a dick is most definetly something you should consult a psychologist about. And a very good plastic surgeon.

Zaldron said:

Heh....just wait until Liam sees that...

Crendowing said:

Heh....just wait until Liam sees that...

I see it. What now?

Liam the Bard said:

I see it. What now?

O....k....nevermind the whole "Wait until Liam sees that and then goes on his mantra about how much Q1 sucks bloated monkey dick".

Quake 1 is far and away the best of the three Quakes and I do keep it on my HD for rainy days and killing time. Quake 2 takes a second miles back and Quake 3 isn't even in the race. id just keeps getting worse with every game they release.

Crendowing said:

What ever happened to all those comments about Quake 1 sucking? Meh....I creamed my jeans on Q2.

Quake 1 DOES suck, just not bad enough for me to care when I've got nothing else to do. At least the DM is ok.

Liam the Bard said:

Quake 1 DOES suck

Not really. It's very repetitive, I can usually only take one episode at a time (if that), but it's base levels are all really fucking cool, especially E4M1.

Plus, it's worth it for the ability to play Quake Mission Pack #1

Things I do like about Quake1:
1. The enemies (though I don't like the way they look - no eyes, wtf?)
2. The levels if you take away all those ugly brown textures, or better yet, take away the brown colour and replace it with a lot of different colours which wouldn't be out of place.
3. The grenade launcher and the rocket launcher (but I don't like the weapon models)
4. *some* of the sounds - the howling wind and the sound of dripping water just provide a damn cool atmosphere.

Now I'll spare you for all the things I dislike about Quake1 for now (I've already mentioned a bit of that in this post already).

Quake was one of the few games that actually got me scared. Episodes 3 and 4 anyway. The fiend was the BEST enemy of ANY game EVER - they're just so much fun!!!!

Lüt said:

but it's base levels are all really fucking cool, especially E4M1.

Indeed. The bulk of the game was actully pretty dull IMO, repetative, an odd theme and a poor, cut down, weak echo of the glory that was - no IS - Doom.

The base levels, however were "really fucking cool". I extracted them and strung them together so that I could play all 4 one after the other, kind of like a quake mini episode 1 sort of experience.

The music was cool and genuinely scary throughout though :-P

LOL, I think I'm the only person in the whole DOOM community that likes Q3 and Team Arena. I love playing Harvester on Beyond Reality with max bots and the nightmare difficulty. Oh well....

Rellik said:

LOL, I think I'm the only person in the whole DOOM community that likes Q3 and Team Arena. I love playing Harvester on Beyond Reality with max bots and the nightmare difficulty. Oh well....

o_O I like Q3/Team arena. Way more than Quake2 (quake2 = horrible SP. hated backtracking through old territory and shit) I don't care what anyone says, Q3 MP is fun even if the weapons are too balanced. Now to actually buy Team Arena...

dsm said:

no eyes, wtf?

That's the point; that's why they're so creepy.

ZarcyB said:

The fiend was the BEST enemy of ANY game EVER - they're just so much fun!!!!

Heh, I love the beginning of The Wind Tunnels, the room with the water around the edges - the Fiends usually get stuck in the water, it's hilarious trying to watch them get out.

Lüt said:

That's the point; that's why they're so creepy.

I can tell that my idea of creepiness is different than the rest of you.
I find a monster with scary, evil eyes creepy, but if it hasn't got any eyes.....pfft.
But apparently that's just me.