Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

If you are from the U.S, get on this.

The CISPA bill is back before congress. So go to this site: http://www.cispaisback.org/, and do your thing, Doomworlders.

Now I am from Australia, so I can't directly do anything about this myself, but I can post this thread, at least. Now I happen to know that Australian politicians are, by and large, a bunch of sheep, so if this gets passed in the U.S, it will be here 12 months later. But much more than that, I just don't wanna see this shit happen to you guys in the U.S. Or indeed anywhere.

So consider this thread me doing my bit to preserve a free western world.

You're welcome.

Do online petitions really work? Any success stories? Or maybe concerned citizens should be doing something more serious than pressing a button on a website?

Avaaz.org has had several successes, so yeah, online petitions can work.

agree about avaaz.org, they did make a big impression in gender-related matters in some eastern-world places and such. some actions (eventhough virtual) do get your voice heard.

I'm not American either, but I signed that, even though the effort seems minimal. While I believe that the law, if passed, won't be as drastic or practical as feared (and I don't expect them to target me specifically), it's better to prevent it.

Jesus fuck, again? Why doesn't the industry stop paying-off lobbyists and get back to making the next brain dead action movie and CoD game. We're at a time in history where a film can gross in a billion dollars at the box office and game franchises can, too, compete with this.

You can argue the music industry is need dire straights, but I blame technology making it possible for garage bands to make competent albums in their own home; labels have become useless to most.

Memfis said:

Do online petitions really work? Any success stories? Or maybe concerned citizens should be doing something more serious than pressing a button on a website?

I agree, people need to write to their House Reps, and senators. Moreover, joining and supporting interest groups is a useful method as well.

Lobbyists, and PAC usually get a bad wrap. But there are groups of all kinds that people can support to help make a difference. For example, I recently joined an interest group dedicated to taking down Red-light cameras as being unconstitutional.

I feel monitoring rights such as these will become an inevitability. They are just going to keep pushing these bills until the general public looses interesting in opposing them altogether.

I signed the petition, and I hope that CISPA doesn't get passed. I'm upset that it's back and it would suck if it got passed because the government would invade my privacy if they did, and it would not be good if that happens. CISPA is also as bad as SOPA and ACTA.

Gez said:

Avaaz.org has had several successes, so yeah, online petitions can work.

Change.org is successful too.

If I was a rich asshole who made shitty propaganda films, like any modern film, and could afford lots of botnets and had insider permission to use the government's fake-crowd astroturf sock puppet software, which barrett brown mentions in some youtubes, I would make lots of fake accounts appear to download my movie illegally as a false flag and PR excuse to fire weapons of law at everyone other than me, maybe making the internet itself illegal for example. There's a ban on memetic reproduction, 8 million dollars per lolcat, and soon a ban on genetic reproduction since monsanto will have a patent on your sperm.

The BSA is an "alliance", like a war term practically, of proprietary user subjugators. And they use military tactics, naturally since society is descending into information based civil war. Who do you think runs the sock puppet software of all the "people" that sell pirated software on craigslist so they can claim 90% of them are illegal, not to mention illegally circumventing the first sale doctrine with their own corporate dictatorship called an EULA, not that there's any other jobs available in such an anti free market, innovation punishing, crony, power-centralized system. Foxconn is replacing its suicide net jumpers with machines.

The state has a monopoly on force and exempts itself from theft and kidnapping which it calls tax and imprisonment. And it has a monopoly on the legal system so you can never win a dispute against the state in their own system. That's why agorists are developing alternative legal systems on the black market (since the state does not approve of them) so that finally the state and all its corporate branches of illuminati reptoid crab people from they live can be tried by a 3rd party and sentenced to ostracization for being sociopaths.

Also I made all of this up wut.

I just type in my email, clicked "Sing Petition," and the page refreshed and nothing happened. No "you have successfully petitioned!" message or anything like that. Is this normal or do I need to try again?

Pretty sure they're already doing it.. probably there are a bunch of people they would want to put into jail or whatever, but they can't without exposing themselves of illegal monitoring of private stuff. Proposing this thing again just proves that they're desperate, and have been doing it for a long time already.

Technician said:

I feel monitoring rights such as these will become an inevitability. They are just going to keep pushing these bills until the general public looses interesting in opposing them altogether.

Well, just like how God can't realistically care for all mankind's prayers, so can't a team of government agents monitor and police every citizen of a state. They might issue automatic warnings and Internet throttling, but to arrest you? Need policemen. Factor crisis, incompetence and corruption too against this.

The house and the senate are pretty divided. Hopefully they'll shoot it down, or dilute the legislation to make it unfavorable through their own revisions of the bill. Moreover, the president will be required to sign it, and he may not even appropate the necessary funds towards it's enforcement, if it does become law.

I recenrly found out that Obama is very likely to veto the bill if it manages to get to his desk thanks to a friend from a different forum that's not Doom related. If you look at the underlined statement in this document, then you'll see proof that Obama is bound to reject the bill if it actually makes it to his desk.

Also, the Supreme court will have to decided on if this is constitutional. Hopefully, activitist groups in opposition to the bill would be able to make a strong case, deposing it. At that point, it doesn't matter who signed it

It'll be back next year with a different name. After ACTA, SOPA, CISPA, etc. it'll be NARTA or WANDA or MAFALDA or whatever other stupid name, but it'll be back. These things will always be back, until out of people getting bored and complacent they manage to be voted.

The rock breaks the wave, again and again for countless years, but eventually it's the wave that breaks the rock. Same thing with this kind of things. The lobbyists pushing for turning the world into a corporate-run police state will never tire and never relent.

Gez by that logic, the world will inevitably be a police state at some point as if it were a kind of natural progression. I'd like to think that if people will stand up for their rights at one point, they won't hesitate to do so again and again.

Marcaek said:

Gez by that logic, the world will inevitably be a police state at some point as if it were a kind of natural progression. I'd like to think that if people will stand up for their rights at one point, they won't hesitate to do so again and again.

America has been moving towards a police state for years know. Its just been happening at such a slow and low key pace that most people still don't see it. The media, the corrupt officials in Washington and corporate America have also been doing a great job distracting people from the truth also. The NDAA of 2012 and many of the laws/executive orders that have followed should have been a major wake up call for America, but its a call that has largely gone unanswered. Hate to say it but Gez is more then likely right and the "rocks" are already starting to crack.

Marcaek said:

I'd like to think that if people will stand up for their rights at one point, they won't hesitate to do so again and again.

Mass mind control is used to get the slaves to hold each other in check with horizontal peer to peer self enforcement, so the elites don't even have to use top down enforcement any more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBf_fsM7nw
Its a big confidence game by a tiny dot of charlatans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6b70TUbdfs

A law is an opinion with a gun. Each law is backed with threats of force/violence, so all legislation is an illegitimate violation of the universally preferable behavior of the non aggression principle.

Marcaek said:

I'd like to think that if people will stand up for their rights at one point, they won't hesitate to do so again and again.

You think people actually fight tooth and nail for the second amendment to fight tyranny? One rogue cop or kid with a pipe-bomb has cities shut down and ass cheeks parted for inspection.