Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

True Doomers

True Doomers should:

1) Not use a computer better than was available at the time of Doom's release (i.e. a mid range 486).

2) Only use shareware (v0.9) Doom 1.

3) Only really play single player, as Doom was originally only intended for it.

4) Only use a serial cable or a really crappy LAN if they really must play multi-player, and even then their status of a "true Doomer" will be seriously tainted. They may most definately not play via the 'net.

5) Only play the original 9 levels (admittedly there are VERY few wads that work with SW Doom, but even the few that do are not permitted).

NiGHTMARE said:
They may most definately not play via the 'net.

There's probably something witty and clever I could say here but I'm too tired picking that open sore on the base of my scrotum. Carry on witmagnet. =)

Oh, and to be the ultimate true doomer, you:

6) Must not use/watch/wear/play/whatever ANYTHING made or released since Doom SW's release. This includes, but is not limited to, music, clothes, deoderant, games, TV shows, films, food and drink (obviously types of these rather than individual items), etc.

to quote from the doom 0.4 text file...

WHAT'S COMING
o Textures "anchored" so windows and doors actually look cut out of wall
o Raising and lowering sectors (there are a lot of these just waiting to
be raised and lowered, but...)
o N-E-T-W-O-R-K-I-N-G (actually, it's sort of in there now, but you can't
move anywhere, so...)

o A Read Me file with less ellipses...
o The entire rest of the game.

deadnail said:

There's probably something witty and clever I could say here but I'm too tired picking that open sore on the base of my scrotum. Carry on witmagnet. =)

umm, how about :

How appropriate, you fight like a cow!!

NiGHTMARE said:

True Doomers should:

1) Not use a computer better than was available at the time of Doom's release (i.e. a mid range 486).

3) Only really play single player, as Doom was originally only intended for it.

4) Only use a serial cable or a really crappy LAN if they really must play multi-player, and even then their status of a "true Doomer" will be seriously tainted. They may most definately not play via the 'net.

5) Only play the original 9 levels (admittedly there are VERY few wads that work with SW Doom, but even the few that do are not permitted).

NiGHTMARE, we already went through that ordeal like, oh, eight years ago.

NiGHTMARE said:

True Doomers should:

Ironically enough, my 486's monitor broke last night. The button that turns it on doesn't do anything unless you hold it down, so I had to tape it down instead just so I could be able to look at the screen.

Nah,to be a true Doomer you only need to play within' the "spirit of the game." Nothing else matters.

hey i am a true doomer, but i play with legacy and doom2. I have LAN parties useing original doom on systems ranging from a 486 upto pentium3 systems. I use both openGL and software versions of doom. I play all the episodes and as many wads as i can find. I play other games like half-life, final fantasy VII and metroid

deadnail said:

You got your vasectomy already?

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, I don't think there's a v0.9 shareware.

(One that was publicly released anyway).