Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nxn

It's my b-day

Hell yeah, I'm 16 now, I don't have a job, any money for a car, and probably can't get a permit. Life is shit!

But anyway, what should I ask for as a present for my b-day? I'm thinking of trying a Geforce3, if I'm lucky it will run without trouble on this pc. And if I ain't, fuck it, I'll just take the money that would be spend to buy it.

orion said:

Hell yeah, I'm 16 now, I don't have a job, any money for a car, and probably can't get a permit. Life is shit!

Pffft. I'm 18 and I'm in the exact same position. So quit'cha bitchin.

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

When I turn 16, my parents will get me a cheap car as long as I get a job and pay insurance.

*Sings really fast
Happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birtday dear MoOoSe(sp?)....
*Wonders how the "M" word is spelled correctly
...Happybirthdaytoyou

Happy birthday Orion. May your day be full of much cake and opening of presents.

Happy birthday man!!

Mine was the day before yours (although a few years earlier hehe)!!

Captain Skippy said:

heh, i turn 16 on the 11th and i have a permit=)

It's different in different states. PA's sucks. You can get your permit when you turn 16, and you are eligible to take the final test to get your license exactly six months after you get your permit.

Get a Gforce4

but I'm not going to get another card for ages, so considering I'll probably use the same card I get today to play doom3 should I get the geforce 4 or 3?

PA's sucks

my friend lives in PA, his neighborhood is too fancy for me, no one has no weed, no drugs, no people getting shot, how can you live like that?

Happy Birthday Orion, man I thought you were older.

Heh, I wish the 7-11 guys thought the same, anyway thanks, and thanks to others who wished me a happy b-day =]

p.s. Know what would be a great b-day present ling? updating my registery date, please =] http://www.doomworld.com/forums/doom3/messages/10133.shtml

orion said:

my friend lives in PA, his neighborhood is too fancy for me, no one has no weed, no drugs, no people getting shot, how can you live like that?

Well, my neighborhood is like that, except for the weed. But then again, that's why Greenfield was invented.

So I decided to go along with Fod's suggestion and get a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 for $400 bucks since I can. I went to Best Buy, I came out carrying it all happy and shit, I got home still happy, and then I tried putting it in the pc. THE DAMN SHIT WON'T FIT! My god damn case is too small to fit it, if the god damn AGP slot was at the bottom it would, but since it's not the floppy get's in the way so I can't put it in. This is some grade A bullshit, I'm thinking of returning it, saving the 400, waiting for people to pay me back, then I'll have 700, sell some shit around school and be up there in the 1,000's and maybe then with a new cpu, motherboard, and a bigger case I can give the Geforce 4 another shot.

Zaldron said:

...or you can disarm the case. Cases = teh useless.

Not in my house. If I removed the case, my CPU would be destroyed within a day.

fodders said:

Get a Gforce4

I have one in my new computer. Its gonna be here on Friday! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday ORION, happy birthday to you!. As your gift, we have asked Kat to give you your birthday spankings.

fodders said:

Rip the floppy out

even if I do the bay will still be there and that blocks it aswell, btw, while putting my pc back in order I ended up pushing a wire into the fan so it was making a wierd noise, when I tried to fix it was still giving me wierd noises, I ended up taking apart my whole pc, just to get to the damn fan. I then cleaned that shit squeaky clean, put it back in, closed the lid, and the wire again fell out of place and went onto the fan. At that point I just ripped through the shit in my pc, duct taped that fucking wire to the case wall and knocked out the floppy power cable thing by accident. Being the dumbass that I am I forced that shit back in upside down, ruining my floppy, and fucking up my pc to that point where it wouldn't even turn on when I pressed the on button. Later I got it to "no system disk found" than to "no OS found" to fully operational other than that damn floppy. IT'S A GREAT FUCKING B-DAY!

FUCK DAMN YOU HP SERIES 8590C!! BURN IN HELL! YOU DAMN LITTLE DICK CASES! BURN!

well, getting 400 bucks for your b-day is pretty nice I guess, and nope other than those 7 hours that I wasted working on the pc today it was just a typical day.

orion said:

Heh, wait until all your income from your shitty and pointless job is getting wasted on car payments, insurance and trying to keep yourself alive, then realize at the rate you're going, you won't be any further along 10 years from now then you are now. THEN you can maybe make an attempt at hinting you life could possibly be shit.

Lüt said:

Heh, wait until all your income from your shitty and pointless job is getting wasted on car payments, insurance and trying to keep yourself alive, then realize at the rate you're going, you won't be any further along 10 years from now then you are now. THEN you can maybe make an attempt at hinting you life could possibly be shit.

I thought you lived in your parent's basement?

Holy shit, if someone really loved you they'd take that HP P.O.S. and give you a computer not designed by the evil. My friend has one and it's the second most ludicriously designed thing I've ever seen ( the first being the PT Cruiser).

Heh, Lut wait until you own a house. Everything goes fine until one summer when its:

Water heater explodes

Roof develops small leak, but turns out to be totally fuct across it's entire surface

Front room sinks so far front door will only open about 2 feet wide

Too much bass from nice stereo causes cieling in Kitchen to start collapsing

Bathroom sink gets tiny chip in coating, metal inside rusts causing the rest of the coating to explode outwards randomly

I'd go on but I'm getting too depressed... :)

Happy B-Day Orion!

Holy shit, if someone really loved you they'd take that HP P.O.S. and give you a computer not designed by the evil. My friend has one and it's the second most ludicriously designed thing I've ever seen ( the first being the PT Cruiser).

Back when I got it I thought the smaller the pc was the cooler it was, I'm paying for that now, serves me right too.

/me pats Zaldron on the head.

And Rellik... heh, stop it, you're actually making me consider renting an apartment, even after reading this :P