Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkreaver

Quick question: Cyber/archvile/barrels/retaliation

If a cyberdemon kills a barrel, which explodes and damages an archvile, wont the vile attack the cyber? I`m 100% sure I made this work but I cant seem to replicate it in the map I`m working on atm.

Yeah, seems very random. If darkreaver can come up with a more reliable setup I'd like to see it.

No, sadly I cant! I tested my setup in gzdoom and it worked like intended. I guess my super gimmicky map will be much less gimmicky then.

Of course, a vile attacking a Cyber isn't really special as they do that all the time. If you could somehow make a Cyber attack a vile on the other hand, now you've seriously broken the game somehow ;)

You may as well cut out the middle man because you don't even need a barrel, nor the Cyberdemon. It can be any enemy, it just requires an instigated infight.

For some same monster types, you'd definitely need a barrel.

Hmmz. What I need is for a cyberdemon to damage 20 archviles. The archviles will then teleport out to another place. When the player then reaches that place later on in the map the archiles wont hurt you because they will go after the cyberdemon. Is this even possible in Boom?

I got it to work easily in GZDoom, but that`s not the intended port, so...

Thanks, but it kind of didnt work. Everytime at least two, maybe three, viles attacked me (I didnt do anything). I need it to be fail safe.

Also it would be hard to make the cyber damage as many as 20 viles I guess. I need many, at least 10.

I`ll probably try it out a little, but it seems difficult :P

darkreaver said:

Thanks, but it kind of didnt work. Everytime at least two, maybe three, viles attacked me (I didnt do anything).

Ah wait. Yes this happened to me as well just now.

Seems like the Archviles are being pushed into the teleport lines before they're alerted. Resulting in them attacking the player upon teleport. It's a little strange i'll admit.

Best way around this in particular is to widen the teleport linedefs.