Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2013? More like MARCHem 2014. 3.9.14 realease?!?

Thank you! I'd need to use MAP30 slot for two reasons: first for the telefragging and more importantly because my concept is really something "FINAL MAPpy". Also the permission of "non-spawning spawners" is great news.

I guess I can start mapping :) I already found some nice fitting textures in the cc4 pack for my map ;)

Hm, I know for a fact that Monster Spawners without targets crash Vanilla Doom, so your idea might not be as foolproof as you thought.

This isnt vanilla though. I dont hve enouhg experience with boss shooters to know if they work on cl9/boom/what have you.

So, I sketched out a prototype of SPIDERDAMN today for some reason.

Guess it's a real thing now.

That's something I guess.

I already noticed that this stack of tiny crates is too damn high...

And replaced those cheesy and buggy lasers with something else.

I've got about 75% or 80% of the map already, so I'll probably be the first. The story repeats, and despite I improved, it's kind of creepy...

Xaser said:

So, I sketched out a prototype of SPIDERDAMN today for some reason.

Oop, guess there will be two spider maps since I've been working with the same theme

Try playing with ceiling levels, it's not cool how the castle and surrounding rocks have the same height.

There could stand to be some height variation with the castle itself.
Looks good otherwise.

On my side, there have been some family issues, and final exams to boot, so I may be away more often than I thought for the first half of the month. I apologize for that.

On a mapping note, my first map will be Pain Elementals and Revs, because I am a prick like that.

Memfis said:

Try playing with ceiling levels, it's not cool how the castle and surrounding rocks have the same height.

This. Not only will adjusting the sky height give the visuals a more 'natural' feel to them, it'll also allow you to make the castle look that much awesome by having it curve out of sight. It really adds to the idea that you're about to enter an epic-sized building, IMO.

Am I the only one for now to use different monster classes depending on difficulty? I think it's more interesting this way. And by the way, I'm almost done. I'll probably finish the map by Sunday.

I have a cunning plan. It's called David and Goliath and involves some interesting ideas. I also have another loose plan for something a lot more conventional (probably involving imps and something a bit more powerful). So I'll aim for two maps in this month, starting with the first one listed. More emphasis on ideas than aesthetics this time around from me, I think.

I finished my map! I feel so successful ^^ Now I just have to playtest and bugfix.

Aaand, here it is!

From The Sky.

With co-op and DM.

A rooftop you land on...

And then proceed inside...

The yellow key is behind a pool of sticky toxin...

And the blue one is somewhere downstairs. (Crap, It would probably look better from another angle...)

Amazing shots, Scypek!

I also have something, however I can't promise anything:

WIP, this is important!

My mouse is out of commission for the time being. Also, something about final exams. I will probably only have one map again this year.

Liking what Im seeing so far though.

Scypek2 said:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9657/screenshotdoom201305011.png

I already noticed that this stack of tiny crates is too damn high...

You should also fix the y-alignment on that STONE8 texture. It looks off by a few units in that shot.

Scypek2 said:

Not sure if I made that clear. My map is finished and downloadable.

here's an fda. not a bad map, felt a bit weird visually, the grab-bag of random colors everywhere and such. most of the map was really easy, save for the RL room, which seemed like a bit rough in comparison. Overall it felt a bit too cramped. I liked the rooftop area though, the helicopter drop thing was a neat idea.

the grab-bag of random colors everywhere and such. most of the map was really easy

Oh boy, it's MAYham 2012 all over again. And don't forget the giant roof, NEVER forget the roof!

Ribbiks said:

ok I made a map, sorry in advance to anyone who tries playing it...

Download: Onyx

I was wondering how long it would take for the rev/chaingunner combo to rear its head.

I am pleased with the results.

yah map was fun to make, pretty quick too. I'll probably make at least one more, it'll likely be less painful.

on the offchance anyone cares, here's a uv-max for onyx, if only to demonstrate it's possible.

those pillars

platforming in a chaingunners+Revenants level

WE HAVE GONE TOO FAR! ITS A MAYHEM, A MAYHEM!

Dammit, I wanted to download that map Scypek2 previously posted but mediafire is acting up and thinks I'm using an older browser for some odd reason.