Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Slade

a doom2 map where you kill things

This is actually good and fun slaughtermap, but only to the point where you encounter revenants, then you run out of ammo and there's no way to deal with the archvile, who resurrected all those bastards in the meantime. Please replace the single rockets with rocketboxes and add even more supplies, then it might be good with me.

By the way: Someone should make a map where you actually kill THINGS.

scifista42 said:

By the way: Someone should make a map where you actually kill THINGS.

that's technically always true. But you gave me an idea for a map to my MAD megawad project...

FDA
Obviously a HR2 inspired map. For casual "I just want to reach the exit" playing it is overall boring I think. In most situations the solution is to hide in a safe spot where block monster lines will defend you from any danger and then easily kill everything. That doesn't require much effort. I guess it becomes more fun and challenging when you specifically aim for a good time (i.e. uv-max).

My favorite part was the caco invasion since that fight actually required some thinking and maneuvering skills to survive. I'd like to see more encounters like this where you can't run away and have to develop a strategy quickly.