Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antroid

Antroid's Doom LPs - currently between projects

Decided to embed part 11.1, because the thumbnail shows quite an important moment of this video. You'll see. Try to guess what happened though, hah.

PART 11.2

Another episode with Deathmatcher. I'm becoming quite used to playing this wad with a constant stream of author's commentary, and also giving some feedback and opinions directly to him like this. I think I would certainly enjoy LPing (in foreseesable future) some other wad while having it's author(s) co-commentating with me.

PART 13!!!
Deathmatcher and I tackle the second secret map of the wad, Scholomancy, apparently a rather faithful recreation of a World of Warcraft dungeon (instance?). Thankfully, it is very hard to make Doom gameplay as soul-crushingly dull as it is in most MMORPGs.

Gah! You and your key bindings! That was gloriously cringe-worthy to watch. Although I must say, I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

Also, I enjoy your positive comments about the megawad, despite the fact that you rip it to shreds most of the time (it's kind of your thing). I don't think I would've got past the first level if I hadn't watched your videos. It's true, it does attempt to be different and interesting, and for the most part it succeeds. I like the explanations for the logic behind some of the design that you've got Deathmatcher to share.

schwerpunk said:

Gah! You and your key bindings! That was gloriously cringe-worthy to watch. Although I must say, I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

Heh heh ^.^ I wonder how many people would've noticed if I didn't insert a helpful pause and explanation there.

And you're exactly correct about "different and interesting", that's exactly why I like it. There's a shitton of "good" megawads out there - many of them mentioned in the "top 5" thread somewhere in Wads&Mods (I think), and I never want to play any of those because they are always just the same shooting, shooting and shooting in different configurations and mildly fancy decorations. I don't know about many other people, but I get sick and tired of Doom's gameplay after three maps at most if there's nothing beside it in the wad to catch my interest. That's where DTS-T succeeds the most, in my opinion: it's just SO MUCH MORE interesting than your regular, more polished doom megawad. Sure, it may have some bugs, gameplay too easy for the most part (however, I am playing on HMP, so it may not be too true), bare rooms, questionable texture choices and things like that, but it's hella interesting and does not make me want to just switch off my brain like most wads because there's nothing in them that would inspire even a shortest thought.

Antroid said:

And you're exactly correct about "different and interesting", that's exactly why I like it. There's a shitton of "good" megawads out there - many of them mentioned in the "top 5" thread somewhere in Wads&Mods (I think), and I never want to play any of those because they are always just the same shooting, shooting and shooting in different configurations and mildly fancy decorations. I don't know about many other people, but I get sick and tired of Doom's gameplay after three maps at most if there's nothing beside it in the wad to catch my interest. That's where DTS-T succeeds the most, in my opinion: it's just SO MUCH MORE interesting than your regular, more polished doom megawad. Sure, it may have some bugs, gameplay too easy for the most part (however, I am playing on HMP, so it may not be too true), bare rooms, questionable texture choices and things like that, but it's hella interesting and does not make me want to just switch off my brain like most wads because there's nothing in them that would inspire even a shortest thought.

I'm of a similar mind when it comes to movies and video-games in general: I'd rather the author / developer *try* for something unique, even if they stumble, than they go for something safe and polished. I've heard the term "flawed masterpiece" thrown around when referring to games [like Morrowind], and in my opinion I've never played a masterpiece that wasn't seriously flawed in some way. To me, it shows that the author tried really hard to push the limits of their medium, to the point that the sketchiness of their design shows through in some areas. If their design is totally concordant and polished then it's a sign that they didn't really push their creation. They played it safe.

Put another way: If everyone likes it, no one will love it. Anything 'designed by committee' suffers heavily from this.

Anyway, great LP. I, too, wish I'd been around when the DTS-T discussion was still ongoing. I'd love to get more people thinking and talking about it, and its implications for map design. I think there's a lot that should be learned from it.

schwerpunk said:

I think there's a lot that should be learned from it.

Definitely, but I get the feeling that those lessons would not be universal. At least the things I note and wish more maps had/did more often than not sound like they'd make many people bored or annoyed. A lot of people do play Doom just to shoot stuff and dodge other stuff for half an hour a day (while looking at something fanciful) and nothing more, and I bet they'd hate things like completely optional areas that don't reward the player for exploring them, or stretches of map spent purely on walking from one location to the other without combat, or areas with realistically low levels of detail or prettiness, etc. Basically a lot of things that make a map seem more natural and unpredictable and less by-the-books manufactured.

schwerpunk said:

its implications for map design. I think there's a lot that should be learned from it.

What implications? I think there's more to learn from DTS-T's mistakes than anything else. I appreciate that Derks put a lot of love into this megaWAD - and it shows - but I strongly disagree with anyone who asserts that it's something that should be revolutionary.

It's not revolutionary by any means, but I think that some aspects of his approach to map design are better than the ones we usually see nowadays. I've pretty much named most I can think of already, even just in my posts in this thread.

Giving a bit more thought to it, I'm starting to think that a big part is the matter of viewing your maps as parts of a whole - a megawad, a story, a journey, whatever - or as separate entities, fully able to "deliver" when just played by themselves from pistol start. With the second way to map, I feel, comes a bit of oversaturation when you play a whole wad of them. Every map tries to do it all and to do it all in the fanciest ways possible, usually. But then a wad is just a collection of maps connected, at best, by a visual theme, which you can really play in any order, all in a convenient package that is meaningless apart from not having to launch Doom multiple times for multiple levels. Each one is it's own complete "adventure", and a megawad of those usually feels really artificial and just unexciting, unless, of course, you're only in it for the gameplay and the pretties.

When you plan your map as just a step of the grand adventure that you're making, and not try to drag all maps up to a standard which ensures that they're able to stand their ground separately, the end result is much more uneven in terms of... well, pretty much everything, and together such maps really do feel like one big experience which isn't pretty much the same level of excitement all the way to the end.

It's just one of the things, but I find that it really helps the maps be that much better for my tastes. When I launch the game, I don't go in with the expectation to blast monsters for a while to have fun (as counter-intuitive as that sounds for a doom player), I expect to experience a part of the "adventure", make progress, beat a part of it, discover what unexpected things are in store for me, and all those things just do not happen when a wad is a glorified collection of disjointed, independent levels, however well they fit together in terms of style and difficulty curve.

The mistakes of DTS-T don't actually teach us anything new, however, I think. It's just boring stuff like "these bunch of levels look way too bare and have layouts way too simple", or "these jokes and references don't help the overall impression".

Antroid said:

When you plan your map as just a step of the grand adventure that you're making, and not try to drag all maps up to a standard which ensures that they're able to stand their ground separately, the end result is much more uneven in terms of... well, pretty much everything, and together such maps really do feel like one big experience which isn't pretty much the same level of excitement all the way to the end.

For what it's worth, I think one of the best things DTS-T does is its presentation. Its maps may not look like much, but they do kind of tie together, as much as I may dislike the execution of the levels, and Derks's voice-overs helps to establish that, kind of like Strife's Blackbird. I can see why the more stand-alone aspect of contemporary megaWAD development doesn't appeal to you, but I don't think you have to demean the authors or their craft. I'd like to see more works in the vein of DTS-T - though maybe not the way Derks did it - but I also love playing megaWADs with "independent" arrangements, like a collection of short stories as opposed to a novel.

kmxexii said:

I can see why the more stand-alone aspect of contemporary megaWAD development doesn't appeal to you, but I don't think you have to demean the authors or their craft.

Eh, even if I may get a bit overzealous in expressing my tastes in Doom wads, it's all in good fun. I never not keep in mind that many people enjoy the sort of wads that I don't care about and for them they're already fine and would not benefit from the changes I suggest. Although I can get defensive sometimes when people (sometimes possibly jokingly) claim that it's the only legit way of playing Doom and all others (like mine) are ridiculous and should go drown in a ditch. Like was the case with DTS-T, people were just absolutely shitting on it simply because it requires a different outlook from the usual to really enjoy. I always thought it was a bit misunderstood by the majority and that thought was only solidified once I found myself enjoying the wad immensely.

kmxexii said:

What implications? I think there's more to learn from DTS-T's mistakes than anything else. I appreciate that Derks put a lot of love into this megaWAD - and it shows - but I strongly disagree with anyone who asserts that it's something that should be revolutionary.

The implication I'm implying is not that it's revolutionary, but that it's refreshing. Procedurally (as in, the design process), it's a step in the right direction. I like it when an author has a vision and sticks to that vision, only making minor concessions along the way. DTS-T feels consistent within itself, and the brushstrokes of the author are very, very obvious. I feel like authors who worry too much about how their megawad will be received, or at least allow the pre-perceived reception to influence their design too much, are selling their vision and their megawad short.

There's a balance of course, and even heavily community-influenced megawads can be great, but there's just something special about an author aiming for a specific vision and actually completing their work with that vision intact. Even when that vision could've been more popular with more outside influence.

It should be noted that my view of this director's mind and control over his creation is probably influenced from watching this LP, so there are probably many other examples that I'm not so keenly aware of. Basically, I'm saying that I approve of this megawad, and especially the idea of telling a story with environments, and I look forward to whatever this German loon comes up with next. :)

I'm really glad that my LP, to some extent, is doing what I wanted it to accomplish, which is to provide a respectable alternative opinion and view of this wad that can hopefully thin out all the bashing that it has been receiving. I didn't actually count on having so much author involvement when I started, but you're right, it really helps and I'm happy I tried that.

PART 14.1
PART 14.2
This session was not very chipper because hipp0cat was insistent on being an ass and also the level is honestly not as enjoyable as I've come to expect. We still had fun, though. I had some additional fun with editing in part 14.2.

Part 15. Embedding for no reason other than to make it more noticeable than plain old links (although I think the thumbnail is kinda cool for some reason). This was definitely a good session, short but sweet. Especially after out rather mean-spirited previous episode.

PART 16.1
PART 16.2
This is the last time Deathmatcher joins me to guest-commentate on his wad. The last two remaining videos will feature hipp0cat (unless he dies or something).

PART 17.1
PART 17.2
I'm afraid I overhyped this level. It was nothing really special. If anything, it makes me appreciate that with D2INO we avoided really trying to represent the sins in map30 and mouldy, as far as I know, just opted for some vague visual connections.

Katamori said:

I LOVE YOU, I mean I can't wait for it =)

Well you're going to help make it, like we discussed. :P

So, the let's play is finished and I watched all the episodes. Thanks for the ride! I had a lot of fun co-commenting the videos and I also had a lot of fun watching the episodes in which I did not partake!

You spent a lot of time not only just playing DTS-T but also critizing, praising and evaluating it, so it's probably just fair if I do the same thing for the videos. You have a good sense of humor and some remarks, especially between you and hipp0cat, were great moments where I really had to laugh and had a good time. You provided useful insight into the way an typical Doomer might think while playing DTS-T and more often than not, you came very close to the way I had a specific spot in mind. And I was able to draw a lot of useful feedback (both positive and negative) from the videos, that will certainly influence my future work. DTS-T seems to have spurred your imagination and I'm very pleased that it did.

But to be honest, I also had moments where I was really pissed off, especially when you would end a great video (time and again) looking and talking about an alleged texture misalignment for the hundredth time.

I say alleged, because - while you indeed found real misalignments, glitches and bugs - one outcome (probably the most surprising outcome for me) of this video series is, that you have a fundamentally different idea of well-aligned textures than me. Before the let's play, I was absolutely convinced of having done a good job on texture-alignment, having spent (as I repeatedly told you) many many hours just flying through the levels in 3D mode and doing texture aligning, even to the point where I said to myself "stop it now, you nit-picky bastard! It's never going to get released if you don't let go!".

And then watching you standing in the first room of Seven and hearing the word "shit" like three times almost made me want to delete Doom Builder from my computer. Hell, I don't even know exactly what pissed you off so much in that room...

I don't say that the seed is not planted, though. As time will pass, I might come to look at a textured wall with different eyes. But don't expect me to just throw "texture xy looks bad when cut off this way" in my face and expect me to insta-adopt your aesthetic feeling. Especially since you are not getting tired of stating that people should not judge Doom maps based on an imaginary checklist. How about deleting cut-off textures from YOUR checklist? Craftsmen do cut off stones and bricks right in the middle to make it fit somewhere in the real world. I fail to see why this shouldn't be allowed in a Doom level.

Where was I? Oh yes, and I think I would have loved a bit more focus on the actual game. Digressing is fun at times, but you tend to overdo it from time to time. To the point where sometimes you don't comment on a room at all, because your train of thought keeps you busy through a quarter of the level. Then again, I don't watch many let's play videos, so maybe that's a thing the community loves and wants and this is just the grumbling of an author craving for attention.

Since neither you nor hipp0cat seemed to have liked Seven particularly, I would like to make some comments about this level (apart from the things mentioned already, which just served as an example). Seven was an experiment and the attempt to cast the seven deadly sins into a Doom level. I thought long and hard on the mechanics and did a lot of scripting to realize them, so reading "would've been/could've been/should've been so much cooler, if..." on youtube wasn't particularly satisfactory.
Then again, the level polarizes a lot and some of its mechanics lean quite far out of the window, so I can understand if there are people who don't like it (by the way, there are also those who do). You asked the question in the video, if the sins were purposefully designed to be beaten with exploitive behaviour, and the answer is: partially yes. I like the notion that the player needs to stand safely around the corner in the beginning of "Greed", chain-chainsawing all cacodemons to death, for example. I do acknowledge, however, that sometimes the game mechanics had to give way to the sin. "Lust" didn't turn out to be the most fun room gameplay-wise probably.

Speaking of "Lust": You will very likely not see such a room from me again. Contrary to popular belief, I don't particuarly enjoy drawing sexual imagery in Doom Builder. I wanted Seven to be a gross ride to hell, with each sin being an intense experience for the (adult) player. When it came to "Lust", I felt that merely placing suggestive textures on the walls didn't do the level justice, especially since in the case of "Lust", the gameplay couldn't really be tied in. I believed that an audience enjoying punching zombies to bloody pulp and splattering guts left and right would come into the room, have a good laugh and move on. I was wrong. Same goes for the ending of The Vault Of Flesh, by the way. If these rooms spoil the fun for somebody, he can still enjoy 31 100%-penis-and-buthole-free levels in DTS-T, which I hope give proof to the fact, that imagery like this wasn't a particular focus of the Megawad.
Anyway, at least in DTS-T you don't have to fire rockets into a vagina, like in certain Cacoward-winning projects: http://www.doomworld.com/12years/images/kama2.png

Last but not least: You asked about the story and what was really going on.

Well, that's totally up to your imagination!

Ok, seriously:

Spoiler

The scientists were experimenting with the DTS technology but the technology wasn't matured yet. Therefore, doing teleportation experiments tore rifts into the fabric of time, space and dimensions. Demons from hell noticed this and used one of the rifts (connecting Hell and Phobos) to invade the Phobos base during the night. They managed to steal one of the two devices. Since the device was a prototype, the demons now made their own odyssey through time, space and dimensions, trying to find a place they could use to properly invade mankind, leaving behind a trail of DTS-rifts.

Hours later, the marine is sent through the second device. Since he follows the trace of the first prototype, he has to venture through each dimension the demons came through before him. This is also why he encounters so many regular demons and zombies. It's the demonic force that invaded these realms just hours ago. Having arrived in the Apostruct, the marine gets the BFG from Major Reily because "the interdimensional layer is so thin here, allowing us to send the item". Unfortunately, sending the BFG tears another rift into the inter-dimensional fabric. This rift is created right in Phobos base, just like before. Demons invade again (just like in the beginning of this explanation).

This time, they are smarter. Instead of just taking the second shitty prototype, they possess Major Reily, then they have a coffee in his office and patiently bide their time until the marine comes back, when they will have not one but two devices, and even get a marine veteran to possess.

Marine veteran arrives and kicks their and Reily's asses. End of Story.

Now you might ask: But Major Reily told me he fended the attack off! Maybe he...

...lied to you, because his corruption was already beginning to spread.
...lied to you, in order not to make you worry so much.
...didn't tell you the truth, because his senses were dulled and he didn't notice the demons slipping through.
...said the truth at that point but the demons simply waited until his corruption had spread a bit further and then returned.

This is honestly up to your imagination. Like hipp0cat correctly assumed, the marine is not present on Phobos base most of the time, so all he gets to know is what he learns from the audio transmissions. If you ask me, the last possibility is the right one but if you like one of the others better, than feel free to let that be the way it happend in "your" DTS-T.

Alright, I think that about sums it up. Did I forget anything? Oh yeah:
Spoiler

I don't think you noticed that I had been altering Major Reily's voice gradually over the course of the entire Apostruct chapter, did you? You mentioned it only in the final level, where it was very obvious, but there were a lot of recordings throughout the chapter that you found funny, not noticing at all that the voice was already altering towards "demonic" all the time. A shame! :D

Other than that: A great experience and the positives definitely outweigh the negatives here, for me.

Hey! Thanks for the big post, it ended up even bigger than I expected.

My turn now. First I'll answer some of your points, and then express the finishing thoughts I have on it all!

First of all, the cutoff thing. Honestly I believe that it's something that should, to some extent, actually be on everyone's checklist, side by side with such obvious goals as "all the scripts should work" or "the player should not be able to get trapped in a place which at least doesn't kill him via damaging floor". Some cutoff is honestly fine, on textures like bricks and stone, because it really does happen a lot IRL. The beginning of "Seven" just caught me off-guard because there were all these brick-shaped pieces on the floor, which just begged to be textured as whole bricks that just fell off the wall, yet they all were actually textured like broken off corners of four bricks still stuck together. Some textures though I will never not criticize cutoff on: stuff like pipes, computers, tech and other like that. STAR* textures, for which I gave you a lot of shit via PMs (from MAP01) slightly depend on your interpretation: I always saw them as some sort of metal (or concrete, or plastic...) pads on a wall or something like that, something which just doesn't get "cut in half for windows", so on them cutoff really doesn't make sense to me. However if you just see them as curiously shaped concrete walls that are just manufactured using casts or something, than cutoff on those really actually is completely fine. Actually, I now kind of want to push this interpretation of STAR* textures and subsequently stop people bitching about STAR* cutoffs like I did. Although I'm too used to aligning it to make such a change in attitude for my megawad in progress, so I dunno...

About our way of LPing and talking. I agree that perhaps I went on tangents way too much, but there isn't often enough to comment on in every room of the wad. That, and the whole process really made me think about level design quite a lot, mainly to understand why I'm enjoying something that so many people completely condemned. Which are the main two reasons for that sort of commentary. I guess in my future LPs I'll shift more to the observational side.

About the story. You know what? I don't even know why I never thought of the simple as shit possibility of the demons actually being the "thief". I think the idea of a personalized thief who we're pursuing found it's way into my head and became so firmly lodged in there that once that didn't hold up, I just couldn't shift from that and come up with this rather obvious, in hindsight, explanation. I'm going to formally take my words from the video back and say that the story actually does make complete sense! And I do like this story for a Doom wad. Gonna edit the description of the last part to redirect folks from youtube to this thread and state that you completely cleared it all up.

And I think I noticed Major Obvious' voice gradually changing, maybe not with each level, but over a couple of steps, I certainly did. I think I even voiced my observations on that a time or several. If not, than I really should've.

Okay, and now for the finishing thoughts on the LP and the wad!

Well, really, I think it should be rather obvious. I enjoyed the heck out of doing this! Both the videos and just playing the wad. Especially the aspect of having the author along with me for the ride, sharing trivia and discussing things. I definitely want to keep this aspect of LPing for the future LPs, and, well, we already settled that with Katamori for the next one, which I'm glad about. Who knows, maybe I'll manage to get some contributors to D2TWiD for the eventual LP of that?

About the WAD itself. While I had a lot of fun with it, a lot of it is due to the wad's uniqueness and the creativity and ideas behind it. My perspective isn't really indicative of a typical Doom player's, because I don't really play many custom wads these days, and I certainly almost never play wads that are mostly oriented towards gameplay with only token efforts put into backstory, setting and whatnot. And from what I understand, the majority of Doom players do the actually sensible thing and play for the gameplay, paying absolutely zero attention to the things like story, setting or immersion, beyond just acknowledging when some area looks cool or inflicts some emotion, like if a building is big and imposing, or if a natural area looks picturesque. I'm not even very good at Doom, so I treat Doom levels like any other game, an opportunity to immerse myself in some... let's say it again... setting or story, with some token "challenge" thrown in. My "slow and methodic" style, as a certain St.Alfonzo put it, does fit this wad much more, and I am for one reason or another not absolutely neutral to it and overlook a lot of things that would cause people to just give up playing and play some other wad. Let's be honest, the gameplay in this wad wasn't, for the most part, anything special. It was mostly pretty primitive, with simple geometry, fight setups, level layouts and enemy placement. I'm not the best judge on those matters, but I do feel that it's quite unfair when people who only enjoy certain types of wads (and if someone wants to say "good ones", they can fuck right off) judge this one by the standards they have, even if those standards are the most widespread set of expectations from any doom level. It would be like me bitching about some RTS, or, honestly, just a slaughter level. To some extent, people's complaints about this wad are like my complaints about stuff like BTS-X. They could have a lot of good points, but ultimately the wad just isn't for us. The difference, again, is that there are SUBSTANTIALLY fewer people who would fit into the target audience of a wad like DTS-T. So I guess in the end it was just bad luck that what Deathmatcher wanted to make didn't mesh well enough with what the majority of the Doom community expects from a doom wad. I still stand by my statement that the wad was completely and utterly misjudged and people who just call it a "terrible wad" and leave it at that (or criticize it from a standpoint that the only possible good way to make a doom level is to make it a certain way they like, gameplay-oriented, for example) should maybe kindly shut the fuck up and accept that their tastes aren't a universal standard for all aspects of a Doom wad.

This was overly long and not really what I wanted to talk about, but maybe it'll be helpful in some fashion? I have no idea. I really sympathize with Deathmatcher because I also like making long-ass projects isolated from the game community, only I haven't yet finished any one of those. I felt really bad for all the backlash the wad got and I still do, but I alone can't really do much about it. If my LP changed some people's minds, or just introduced the wad to someone who ended up liking it (like hipp0cat!), or just convinced someone that it's genuinely possible for a person to really like this wad and be able to state and explain why and how (so it can't be such a bad wad after all!), I'm happy. As I am for the fact that this probably helped with Deathmatcher's own aftertaste about the response his wad got initially. I'll have to deal with the fact that I am not an influential enough figure to just make everyone in the world see what I think they should see... And beyond that, the most important thing left is whether I enjoyed doing it. And as I said already, I really did. I am very glad I gave in to the impulse to do this LP, then managed to get Deathmatcher on board and wasn't intimidated by speaking in english with someone who's not hipp0cat (believe it or not, I was a bit nervous at the beginning), and I'm glad I went through all of this. Certainly not sorry for the time spent, and I'm planning to replay the wad on UV and in GZdoom at some point. :D It made me think about things a lot, changed my opinion on some of them and helped me formulate my positions on others. Really, it was excellent food for thought all along. By the way, my favorite episode is the third one!

And this concludes the LP of DTS-T by Deathmatcher! Next up: Katamori's "Somewhere in time", or, well, a demo of that.

So, the LP of Katamori's WAD-in-progress? Apparently he got cold feet on his vacation because while we were totally going to do it, after returning to the world of the living (a.k.a. the internet) he suddenly revealed that a) he doesn't have a working mic anymore and b) even if he did he doesn't want to do it because the demo - which we, again, actually were planning to record initially - is apparently too short or something.

While that's just disgusting, it really only means that I'm waiting for D2TWiD to be released (I don't want to do the beta because the thread says some levels don't even have monsters and whatnot). Of course if anyone has a good suggestion I'll consider it, but I'm pretty sure noone's gonna suggest anything, and even if they did I'd still be picky about it because I'm now spoiled and don't wanna LP just any random wad, preferring something interesting and ideally with someone like an author or someone involved in the wad's making available for guest-commentary.

So yeah this thread's gonna float on page 2 or even 3 for a while more...

Several levels are getting changed from the beta and 31 and 32 are just totally absent, 1-30 are all fully playable however, no levels with no monsters.

Eris Falling said:

If I was a mod, I'd make this your custom title :P

I really want a "like-button" here just because of this comment. :D

Well in addition to what Tarnsman said, my map24 underwent a pretty massive size related overhaul, as well as the culling of the filler areas.

EDIT: Actually there's talk of a newer beta coming out before the end of august, you might want to consider doing something short in between?

Well the short thing was supposed to be the "Somewhere in time" demo, but Katamori totally let me down. I can't really think of anything good so I'd rather just take a break (or, well, prolong the one I'm already taking).

I'll look into it if D2TWiD gets another beta for sure, I don't really need to wait for the 100% final release as long as all normal levels are close to finalized (and while I would like to see 31 and 32 that's quite optional). I'm also keeping an eye on D2INO, even though I have yet to finish up the gameplay on map24... But hey maybe that'll come out sooner than any new version of D2TWiD and then I'll do that, maybe I'll be able to grab some mappers for co-comms too. Gonna ask in the thread at some point.

Also I'd be totally fine with a "That's just disgusting" custom title, but that hasn't been run into the ground nearly enough to be considered some sort of catch-phrase or something.

You should check out some of the other releases in the meantime such as Concerned and the Favillesco episode.

Are they both as E1 as the screenshots make it seem? That doesn't really work for a let's play, there's not enough interesting things to talk about in E1-style maps (plus I'm kinda sick of those anyways).