Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Slaughterfest 2012 demos [-complevel 9]

Well the idgames version is currently obsolete until it gets replaced by the one I linked just now.

E: I guess unless andy agrees to delete current fastest map 1 and 20 max demos, which are the only ones that didn't make it past the last transition, it would be required to keep both previous obsolete 'final' and current final version, which would just cause unnecessary mess. Tbh, both those demos barely require much effort to get beaten (max of 20 was even affected with map bug that is currently fixed). So, for avoiding additional unnecessary confusion, I'd propose removing sf01-458 and sf20-1702 once a faster demo recorded with finalest version gets into the archive. How does that sound?

Map16 UV Max in 15:47.
I was surprised that my favorite map here (not joking) haven't got any max demo, so I'm going as far as claiming the spot with my crappy first exit.

It's also surprising how long the cleanup actually takes, though this can be blamed both on armaments provided and on my suckiness at this game. Featuring sneaky caco, too, it becomes a tradition for me to have stragglers in my recordings.

sf16-1547.zip

Demonologist said:

Map16 UV Max in 15:47

Now it's 14:22.
Slight improvement, not without some moments of brilliant stupidity (look at that secret megasphere and tell me why the fuck did I care about picking it up when I already triggered the secret?..), but oh well. Recorded right at the office (working hard here, ahem) before lunch, and - without sound. Because I can.

sf16-1422.zip

Map18 UV Max in 18:10.
Not very polished, it's hard to polish anything when you just sit down to play the map after several months of not seeing it and turn the recording on. Though there was no max for it on the archives, and the only existing demo is some old attempt by Nevan for one of the first versions, so...

sf18-1810.zip

Oh yes, I was meaning to do it again after the final version is released. Will get to it sooner or later.

Map 33 Max in 2:21. Main target was 2:05 but I need to work on a better strategy. I had a good one but it was 2:30 as I was all over the place.

sf33-221.zip

You're always at least one step ahead, heh. No need to bother with it then, there's not a single chance I'll get close to your time. Mad props, doomgod!

woah. since i wont ever have 2h free time during non-holidays, I'm watching it now.
a masterpiece, great achievement j4!

edit: some moments of "sweaty hands" around min 49 but a good recover afterwards ;)
you had me watching panicked and with mouth opened (lol) in the yk room at 5% health and all the chaingunners left around...

:o

damn that was brilliant! great strats, absolutely amazing powerup/cell-ammo conservation, similar to how you own't swtw03: wicked efficient cyb kills/infighting combined with chaining a lot of the earlier encounters together --> you can go into and out of each subsequent area with 200/200/600 on 'reserve' somewhere. some other parts I found particularly entertaining:
- invul use en route to the BSK was clever, in testing I had always needed that to get through the cybs and whatnot on the floor. also I liked the risky strat after the BSK grab
- YSK, 5hp!
- loved the strat on the final fight, really got your monies worth out of the invul by getting catapulted into the caco horde instead of across the room!

definitely an awesome accomplishment :D. maybe one of these days I'll get around to making something non-shitty for sf2017...

Is the 'real' sf2012.wad 51620kb? J5rios demo desunk my battleship.
EDIT: thanks, degree, that worked

I noticed! :) Thanks for writing those comments, knowing the author's feelings always adds a whole new "dimension" to the demo watching experience.

I second memfis, reading comments adds a deeper understanding of what the runner was going through. Was it easy? Hellish hard? Dumb luck? I want to know!

Ancalagon said:

map15's bad let's skip it

ahahahah

Still, it's the only map that doesn't have any max for it atm. Who will do it then?

Haha awesome man, great low HP moment midway through. Glad I've done a replay of this wad so I hopefully should get a demo of something from this!