Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bishop

GZdoom issue

Hello... Small question, Would an nVidia 6200 LE card support pixel shaders? (Yeah, it's kinda old haha!)
From the little I saw, yes (Shader model 3.0)

Just asking because I'm having difficulty seeing brightness maps in the game. (Yes, brightmaps.pk3 is loaded)

It will have limited support but these cards have so bad performance with shaders that there's absolutely no use switching them on.

Didn't expect much out of that card anyway...
Guess I'll have to put in my other Radeon X1650 instead. Shaders did seem to work then.

Thanks.

The X1650 doesn't work either... strange, shaders worked in my older computer using this card (same drivers)

It doesn't matter anyways, I can't even play for 10 minutes (in hardware or software mode) without getting a total system lockup.

Knowing that system lockups are mainly due to CPU problems, I checked the temperature out of curiosity and got an outrageous reading... 192°C. Yeah, that's roasting hot.

I don't really know what to do about that.

Thought about that, Did it, but changed nothing. I might consider putting some thermal paste between the chip and the heatsink because I don't remember seeing any when I took it apart to clean.

All in all, At this point I don't expect it to be long before the machine shuts itself off and doesn't turn back on again...

BTW, is there anything else I need to install to optimize gzdoom and all all of it's openGL features? like OGL drivers, libraries, etc...

Nevermind.
Found all the issues on the gzdoom end. I have to settle with version 1.6.0 and nothing later.
No lockups, shaders work fine. Probably because the hardware I'm using ATM is so outdated and obsolete.

This can be closed. Thanks.