Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgtcrispy

DOOM 20th Anniversary Space Marine figure

I'm not even against the cutsie, bobble-headed design. There's just something about that figurine that looks cheap... Maybe it's the feet.

Now, if the guy that did the Solaire figurines from Dark Souls [link] [pic] could be commissioned to do a Doom figumarine, then I might get excited.

EDIT: Oh, I guess he's not selling Solaire anymore, but you get the idea.

I'm sorry, but honestly I think it looks kind of dumb. I definitely don't think it's worth $20.

I'm not big on this trendy "nerd culture" chibi shit I see. Whatever pop culture character/person you like, you can probably find one of these guys fashioned after.

i'd rather have a figure of Doomguy in his Quake 3 Arena form than that one. this one's alright if it would have been cheaper.

I think it's kinda neat, but 20 bucks is kinda steep, and even the 15 bucks if you use the promo thing they offer (ot r whatever that is)

Doomhuntress said:

i'd rather have a figure of Doomguy in his Quake 3 Arena form than that one. this one's alright if it would have been cheaper.

Yeah the Q3A version of Doom Guy is the best I reckon, the most detailed anyway.

If that is licensed by iD, I'm expecting Doom 4 to be a cutesy iOS cow clicker. Holy hell.

Wow, that's ugly as shit. Not necessarily amateurish looking, but very immature and gimmicky looking. The fuck is with this hideous bobble head/chibi/squared off craze?

Nice touch on the removeable helmet, I don't think I've seen any art (official or otherwise) that tries to draw the Doomguy with his helmet off and his face matching how it looks in the HUD.

On the whole it's kinda silly and geeky though. I guess that that is true for any doll based on a game character.

Doomhuntress said:

I thought this was Doomguy in his Q3A form?

But whatever it is, I'll pass on it. Like many others in here, I'm not really a fan of all this "chibi" bobblehead crap.

Mr. T said:

On the whole it's kinda silly and geeky though. I guess that that is true for any doll based on a game character.

I'm not really convinced that we, on a forum for a 20 year old game, can use 'geeky' as a complaint.

It isn't for Doom fans.... its for the plushy cute version of Doom I pitched for the Wii where you use a bubble gun.

Oh and also I thought his mouth plate and the two circles was its eyes. I completely ignored the visor and giant head. If the mouth plate and the two circles was its eyes, he would be perfectly proportion.

My mother could probably make a ceramic statue of it... but I'm not going to embarrass myself by asking her to do so :-) Now that she's retired, she makes custom ceramic figurines for the lawyers she worked with.

geo said:

My mother could probably make a ceramic statue of it... but I'm not going to embarrass myself by asking her to do so :-) Now that she's retired, she makes custom ceramic figurines for the lawyers she worked with.

That's pretty cool, my gf is planning on making a cacodemon. Idk out of what though.

Metal. She should do it out of metal. Burned black steel. Its never been done probably, and having a ball covered with such sharp pointy edges would make it crazy and creepy. Make it mean and demented or in deformed agony.

But its her project. I just like typing stuff.

geo said:

I just like typing stuff.

^ Someone make this his custom title.

^^^ clearly.

Technician said:

I'd love one if it didn't look retarded.

I wasn't expecting it to look so bleaghish when I saw the thread title. Gah.

Meh, this got me all excited over nothing..

Not a fan of this chibi look one bit, give me a figurine who has normal proportions!

It's alright. I'd want McFarlane Toys or ReSaurus (They made the Quake II and Duke figures)if they where still around to do an Action Figure based of the Doom Marine. I'm not a fan of the chibi look.

Satyr000 said:

It's alright. I'd want McFarlane Toys or ReSaurus (They made the Quake II and Duke figures)if they where still around to do an Action Figure based of the Doom Marine. I'm not a fan of the chibi look.

If I remember correctly, those figures failed to sell.

With today's trendsters geeks, maybe they'd sell better in today's market.

That looks silly, yet it looks cool too! It would be nice to have one of those. Also, should this thread be in Doom General instead of Everything Else?

Not a fan of the art style, and don't think it's worth $20. I'd love to have a Doom related sculpture/action figure though.