Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Muzac

Dump question perhaps, but answer it anyway --

Is there a way to turn MP3s into MIDI format? You know, so I can put them in a Doom level without them making the file size 10x bigger?

im pretty certain there are programs for that, ive tried to find some before but i never could, im pretty sure there are ones to convert mp3 to .wav anyway, and ones that convert .wav to midi.....i think

In a word, no. Not really. Not one that will produce a midi that sounds anywhere near like the original mp3.

it is possible, but it will sound like shit due to the vocals in the mp3. Bah, it will sound like shit without em too, best thing to do is remake the song.

hmm, do a search on downloads.com, then look into the source of the page to get the address of the download so you don't have to register and try it. More than likely you'll get some problem or it will sound shitty, but if you can't compose midi's and don't know anyone that can it's worth a try.

There's a still a great deal going for midi, you get a whole lot of music for the size of the files. plus midi has a retro feel that gives it character where mp3 is rather generic.

I found a program that converts wav to midi, but what sucks is that it doesn't translate each note into it's own respective instrument sound. It will let you pick an instrument, such as piano, but it makes every single note into a piano sound, rather than having separate layers for guitar, bass, drums, or whatever. Suckage.

Hey ling, since you closed that other thread is it legal to have a small image in your sig?

orion said:

Hey ling, since you closed that other thread is it legal to have a small image in your sig?

Yeah, right.

Zaldron said:

Yeah, right.

He didn't have any major objection to it in #zdoom when I asked a few hours ago.

bah, I probably wont put anything in my sig anyway, my avatar is cool enough on it's own =]

it's more likely to be your host than these forums that are causing the broken img thingy.

Psyonisis said:

[edit]what the crap? now it's working again, and I didn't do anything! WTF! ARGH![/edit]

Uh, most hosts don't allow external image linking. It might show up for you because you already had it in your cache, but it won't for the rest of the forum. Find a site that allows external linking. I hear clubphoto is decent.

Clubphoto has a maximum resolution of 320x200 unless you buy their full membership thing. Look here, you can see what kinds of high-quality stuff comes from clubphoto.

Ugh, well nevermind then.

I guess they changed, last time I heard about them they would host any size for free.

Psyonisis said:

Ling, this image posting doesn't work too well.

http://freewebz.com/caesium/pat_seductivetimer.jpg

That is EXACTLY what I put into my code, and it worked... until I refreshed, in which case it showed a broken image icon.

[edit]what the crap? now it's working again, and I didn't do anything! WTF! ARGH![/edit]

Copy the above link into the address bar. Change the .jpg extension to .txt. Press Go. Click on the link that appears under available documents. Wala :P

stphrz said:

Copy the above link into the address bar. Change the .jpg extension to .txt. Press Go. Click on the link that appears under available documents. Wala :P

Heh, that kind of defeats the purpose of image tags though :P

True. But at least you get to see the picture.

At least...

stphrz said:

True. But at least you get to see the picture.

...not that I wanted too...

Ugh.

I don't know whether to say "thanks" or "die" :P

Thanks will do. Oh and Archvile, call me a ha><or again and I'll gut you like the little red cigarette smoking fish that you are :P And if you think deadnail gets pissed when you capitalize his name all I can say is dEADNAIL AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON ME!!!!! So ph33r, or whatever...