Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced

doomgargoyle said:

He also promoted playing Rage with a controller not with keyb+mouse.

That's not true.- What he did was say that the developers testing the game were told to only play it with the controller because they wanted to make sure it was as good as it could be. They felt confident that they knew how to do FPS for PC, so that was a non issue for them to focus on in testing.

What, it's already over? Isn't it like 2:30pm EST and it was supposed to be on 2pm? I've had the window open for quite some time and haven't seen it.

In that Twitch stream, I saw a guy with a Macbook Pro. Does it mean it will work on OSX from the start, or was he running Windows, or maybe the laptop was used for some other control but not running the game itself?

I think that was just the PR guy. He answered a lot of questions in the chat.

Next Thursday there will be another stream btw, at the same hour.

Patrol1985 said:

Since the game was meant for consoles, it makes sense he wanted it playtested with a gamepad. Whatever gamepad can do, keyboard+mouse can do better so if the game plays alright on a pad it will do fine with a mouse. It doesn't work the other way round so I consider the decision quite good actually.

What was his DRM stance?

He said that he would like games to have always-on DRM like Diablo 3.

Opinions on the 30min gameplay footage? I think it's a fun game, it has all the features you expect in a modern FPS: dual wielding, reloading, aiming down the sights, takedowns, hmm what else. Remember though, that Raven's 2009 Wolfenstein also had that Veil thing, which brought interesting gameplay, and it also had semi-open world, and the game failed commercially.

Vermil said:

But yes, robots are definitely a change of pace from the various armoured super soliders and Mutants of past Wolf games. [/B]

Awww. You mean no super soldiers with chain guns in their chests? :D

Coopersville said:

I was getting a little worried before, but seeing the stream made me feel a lot better. Might pre-order with tax return money.

Do it for the TF2 Items

Doesn't pass the Phml test - watch video without sound. Once you remove loud gunfire, explosions and gruff voices in cutscenes (and commentators "convincing" you the game is cool by telling you how cool it is), most terrible shooters look as stupid as they play.

Especially fun at 1:35 with that "Fact #1: oldschool fans" pop up right as the player just spazzed out like an idiot with his ironsight to kill one or two guys, then has another epilepsy bout with his sprint key... then cut to a cutscene. But perhaps the joke is on me and the voice over actually says "oldschool fans, there is nothing oldschool about this game"?

I hope it sucks just so that all of you who pre-order digitally distributed games get burned on it.

Phml said:

Doesn't pass the Phml test - watch video without sound. Once you remove loud gunfire, explosions and gruff voices in cutscenes (and commentators "convincing" you the game is cool by telling you how cool it is), most terrible shooters look as stupid as they play.

Especially fun at 1:35 with that "Fact #1: oldschool fans" pop up right as the player just spazzed out like an idiot with his ironsight to kill one or two guys, then has another epilepsy bout with his sprint key... then cut to a cutscene. But perhaps the joke is on me and the voice over actually says "oldschool fans, there is nothing oldschool about this game"?

I have read in a few interviews that iron sights are not mandatory...can't find the source though.

Jodwin said:

I hope it sucks just so that all of you who pre-order digitally distributed games get burned on it.

But I need that Doom Beta :C

(I have become what I hate)

Jodwin said:

Agreed. Didnt you learn anything from Aliens Colonial Marines? Don't pre-order. Wait until the reviews are out.

Well, I've just spent 20+ hours over the last few days enjoying Wolfenstein from 2009 on my XBox360, so now I've beaten that, I'd be happy to give this one a go. I'm not in a rush to get it though, as prices only go down with time and it's not like I don't have 30-odd other games I've either not played or not beaten still.

A festival of cutscenes, push a button to progress gameplay, more cutscenes, horrible facial animations, mediocre graphics and promising gunplay.

DooM_RO said:

But dat Doom beta...

I don't pay to beta test companies games for them. They should be paying us or making it free.

Huh, shotguns in Wolfenstein? Somehow I've never been able to see these two mix, although the Xbox version of RtCW has one.

Jodwin said:

Why so emo, bad day had we?

I pre-ordered for the beta, only pre-order I've done I think. If I didn't pre-order Q3 or something back when. Don't have too much expectation of New Order, seem like any other shooter that comes out these days but hopefully it'll provied some fun to see a modern interpretation. However detached from the original.

Jodwin said:

BUT TEAM FORTRESS 2 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!

DooM_RO said:

But dat Doom beta...

speaking of doom beta, have there been any news on this yet? My brother is undecided about preordering this game just for beta access. Not to say that he wouldn't play wolfy, but he definitely wants doom 4 more. I'd like to get him some info on this to help him make a decision.

I'm really hating Bethesda/zenimax/idsoftware/whoever is in charge for teasing us with this.

Sadly there hasn't been any Doom info. I'm thinking part of the reason Bethesda is promoting Wolf so much is to serve as a distraction.