Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced

Steam has very good and frequent sales which are hard to pass, considering the country I live in, where the average salary is 400 Euros a month. I also never even noticed the DRM, dunno what people are arguing about. Maybe it feels them feel noble or superior? I don't know, I don't care.

Nevertheless, may we get back to to topic at hand?

doomgargoyle said:

2. One price for all. No regional pricing bull.

3. No region locking bull.

4. No 1$=1€ bull.

Out of these three, which one do you benefit from the most?

(Although yes, it is nicer to non-Americans [Or Non North Americans, or however])

Clonehunter said:

Out of these three, which one do you benefit from the most?

(Although yes, it is nicer to non-Americans [Or Non North Americans, or however])

I, like everyone else that uses their service, benefits from all of those.

How does it come the STEAM page for the game still only says it's comming in May 2014 with no further details? It's already may 6. Will the game just randomally unlock sometime this month?

This is rather contradictory from all the live footage we have seen so far. I think something is a little suspicious about what's going on in the leaked footage.

Yeah, I'm really hoping some beta tester just leaked footage of an old build, but I'm gonna keep my eyes open just in case.

That laser gun is pretty bad for fighting, it is for making holes in walls, the one you get later is much better suited for that because it has an alternative fire mode. Also, no way the AI can be the bad. NO WAY.

I've just preordered a few hours ago. PLEASE DON'T SUCK. PLEASE.

EDIT:

I don't want to watch the second video to avoid spoilers but can you tell me what the problem is?

Second video is a boring mech section (where you appear to be invulnerable) that consists of a single path to whatever the objective is.

Apparently some people already have it on consoles and are streaming it. If any of you are watching can you please tell us your impressions?

DooM_RO said:

Apparently some people already have it on consoles and are streaming it. If any of you are watching can you please tell us your impressions?

The game doesn't work without a day 1 patch as far as I have been told.

hardcore_gamer said:

The game doesn't work without a day 1 patch as far as I have been told.

What game doesn't need a day one patch these days? Lazy cunts.

Technician said:

What game doesn't need a day one patch these days? Lazy cunts.

For multiplayer games (such as Call of Duty,) day one patches are there to wipe the leaderboards ready for retail release. Yep, there are saddos who try their hardest to get the game early and try to shoot up the leader boards, ranks etc. This patch essentially "wipes" you online, giving everyone a fair chance. Also, sometimes systems get security updates either on or close to the release date, which they don't reveal to developers until after its been implenented. That will need an external patch as they can't simply recall 100,000+ disks to put 2-3mb of data on is it?

Fun fact: Infinity Ward tried to blame the second reason for all of the hacking in MW2 for XBOX360/PS3 versions. Nothing to do with your 8+ year old engine then lads, which was already hacked in CoD4 and WaW, and simply altered for MW2? Nothing like arrogance in your coding skills eh?

This game is gonna be the end of the Steam servers lol. I feel bad for people with SSDs.

DooM_RO said:

This game is gonna be the end of the Steam servers lol. I feel bad for people with SSDs.

200GB free on my SSD ;)

Shaviro said:

You can pre-load now :D
gogo!

So there will be a preload after all? I was certain that there would not be any since the game is just a few hours away from release anyway.

Still, with it's 50 fucking GB size I am not sure I will be able to play it until tomorrow even with the pre-load option. It's currently 16:23 where I live. That leaves me with about 8 hours until midnight. I would be amazed if this thing will have finished downloading before this time.

I'm not hearing very good things about this game from people who manage to snag a an early copy.

Patrol1985 said:

Check out this Easter egg in the new Wolfenstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jxd3k-9SuY

According to youtube comments it's the German version of the game. The international one has normal swastikas.

Wait, you can't run and gun? That's bullshit!