Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced

Hm, I'm definitely tired of zombies. Nazis, not so much. Robots, I'm definitely still excited by. I just hope the enemies, be they Nazis, or dogs, or Nazidogs, feel as responsive as they did in RtCW. That game had some really fun AI.

Here's a little article that gives a vulgarized assessment of RtCW's AI. Just something to mull over while we wait for more news about this new one.

Wow, I was totally surprised to see this. Anyway, I am pretty excited for this since it is an interesting twist in the Wolfenstein universe. And it is also interesting that this studio is putting a lot of effort in the story. I hope this game turns out really good.

Oh, and I loved the trailer, however, it would have been even more awesome if it played Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix.

it will refill only to the nearest multiple of 20

If they will do their job and tune the enviroments and encounters around this system then it will provide quality fun, like in Riddick. The "recharging pieces of health" is an actually designed system, compared to no-brain health regen from CoD or Wolfenstein (2009?). I hope they will use blocks or other symbols (pictures) to represent health, it would look better than growing numbers.
Finally gonna get my hands on Hard Reset these days.

Here's a little article that gives a vulgarized assessment of RtCW's AI.

Aw man, i love articles like this, thanks.

LOL @ "B.J. has 100[%] HP as a reference to the original [and every other game that describes your health using numbers]."

Ehe he he he he.

I will wait for reviews before making my assessment on this game. Another game with nazis..

Mr. Chris said:

I will wait for reviews before making my assessment on this game. Another game with nazis..

It's WOLFENSTEIN! What did you expect?

DooM_RO said:

It's WOLFENSTEIN! What did you expect?

A game where you play as Hitler in his mech suit, single handily crushing the Allied swinehund's.

Vermil said:

A game where you play as Hitler in his mech suit, single handily crushing the Allied swinehund's.

As fun as that sounds, I doubt any studio could handle the level of subtle satire I would enjoy in a title where you play as a Nazi. Even if it was made, it would probably be chock-full of ham-handed humour and ridicule. Anything less obvious, i.e. more subtle, would be politically... uncomfortable for the publishers and developer.

Man, we really need some more news. This conversation is going in weird places.

Vermil said:

mitebcool

I'd like to think this game got pitched and greenlit on "remember how cool fighting Hitler in a robo-suit was? Can we do that again?"

TheEndOfUs said:

Gameplay preview: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1uPTp1va8uw

Let me embed that for ya.

This preview from venture beat is kind of interesting:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/nazi- ... -matthies/

I especially like this quote:

GamesBeat: OK, no screwing around. When does Mecha Hitler show up?

Jens Matthies: There is a plan for this, but I can’t divulge anything.

and this:

GamesBeat: Is there going to be anything to extend the game beyond the campaign?

Matthies: There’s a lot of depth to the gameplay and secrets to uncover. There’s also a point at which something, depending on the choices that you make, might create a fork. You can think of it like an alternate ending, but it’s really early in the game, so it affects the whole game. There’s a good reason to go back and make the other choice.

Mecha Hitler and alternate choices kindle my interest greatly. I hope that the game will end with a final boss fight with Mecha Hitler on the moon

Well it looks pretty fun with those videos. So high hopes for this and Triad... C'mon Shadow Warrior, round things off!

Technician said:

No. Wolves.

FTFY

TheEndOfUs said:

Gameplay preview: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1uPTp1va8uw

Yawn.

DoomUK said:

Yawn.

One of the scenes in the video looks identical to that freight train station from Wolfenstein from the beginning… I wonder if it was deliberate.

printz said:

One of the scenes in the video looks identical to that freight train station from Wolfenstein from the beginning… I wonder if it was deliberate.

In a very recent interview they said that the first mission of the game will be during WW2.

I like everything I saw in that video except for the gun designs. Very, very few people do good made up future guns these days.

Technician said:

I'm sorry, but the game is not called Wolvenstein.

I want WolfEinstein. A game about a lycanthropic physicist.