Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://hellraid.com/

This game looks like it will be pretty good. The description of the game sounds like a FPS version of Diablo. It is from the developers of Call of Juarez. This is what I would think a new Heretic or Hexen game would be like.

Yah, that looks pretty cool. Some of these things also kinda remind me of heretic and heXen well, like that attack at the end with the carpet flame, kinda like the Maulotaurs.

Anarkavre said:

That intelligent site renders the video over the "Enter birth" tab so I cannot log in. Call me noob but I cannot deal with it. Oh and messing with Compatibility View in Internet Explorer didn't help.

But the trailer is promising!

Could be Witchaven for the current gen, which it reminds me a lot more of, than Heretic or HeXen.

Wait, developer is Techland? As far as I gather from their history, they're quite... fickle with the quality.

I wonder which one it is, a trainwreck or rather good game (after patch or two, if shit happens)?

Trailer looks quite flashy. I shall remain optimistic.

I liked CoJ 2 and Dead Island, but the other CoJ games and Chrome were meh.

Anarkavre said:

http://hellraid.com/

It is from the developers of Call of Juarez.

While it looks nice if it's anything like Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood, I won't bother with it. I hate being tied to a rail and told 'go here' ok now 'go here' ok hurry up 'go over there'.....

I can't find the interview but they said that they ditched open-world in favor of more open levels. Why didn't they just contact Bethesda/Id to call this HeXen, they would have had a lot more publicity. Speaking of Hexen, who holds the rights to it, I understand things are a bit thorny.

The links are not working for me, I think their site is down or something.

I'm very interested in this game, especially since the Elder Scrolls Online looks like a lame WoW clone. Further, anything that is Hexen-esqe is worth checking out.

This looks like a cross between Hexen and the excellent Dark Messiah which had me really psyched till I heard it was by Techland... so it's probably going to be a a cross between Hexen and the disappointing Dead Island. I guess it's not impossible for them to make a great game out of this, but their track record doesn't make that likely.

Still, going to keep an eye on it. Looks to damn good not to.

Yeah, it does look like it'll have a "Dead Island" feel to it, mostly in movement and some enemy behavior (the zombies in both games seem to move almost identically). Though the larger variety of things to kill is nice, and altogether they have more variety of attacks than Dead Island did. The Minotaur charges, the big armored zombie has a shockwave attack (at least it looked like one to me), some enemy threw flaming skulls, and it looks like the sword-wielding undead can block your own sword-strikes.

It looks really promising to me so far. I just hope that it doesn't have that retarded stamina meter and the zombie quick-time event grapples from Dead Island. Those ruined that game for me.

As nice as the game looks, the environment of the dungeon feels very ... static? or unnatural. That, and I died on the first decision.