Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

The Sky May Be - Now compatible with Zdoom

I'm assuming you've heard of The Sky May Be. Maybe you read about it in Ling's Top 10 Infamous Wads list, maybe you found it some other way. If you haven't, open a new tab and Google it, then come back.

However, it has a strange install method that you don't see in many WADs (this is the only wad I've seen that uses it). This has put many people off playing it, and that's frankly a shame. I did the install method, added a couple of lumps to make things work right, imported the DeHackEd patch into the wad itself, and BAM!

Now YOU can take a dive in the infamy yourself, without breaking out the DOS prompt and fiddling around with command lines. You can even play it with any Zdoom based port, it works fine.

Get it here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/wID3U6nR/SKYMAYBE.html

I don't see any port lumps in the wad.

That said, taking a Vanilla compatible wad and making it port specific, without adding anything would be silly.

But that seems to be exactly what you've done here; there's at least an unknown flat on the map for instance, that limits it to certain ports.

Vermil said:

That said, taking a Vanilla compatible wad and making it port specific, without adding anything would be silly.

But that seems to be exactly what you've done here; there's at least an unknown flat on the map for instance, that limits it to certain ports.

I never said it was specifically Zdoom-only. The original Sky May Be didn't work right on Zdoom, so I added a few markers and put the DeHackEd patch inside the wad itself, and now it does.

That missing texture was originally a trap that sent you back to the command line and said "I told you so!". Since there's no command line, that doesn't work. It should be fine on Vanilla, though.

The main purpose of this release is to aid people who can't get past the strange install method or load the Blessed Engine with it. I know that put me off playing it for at least a year.

I want this, really badly. I know this is a really old thread but, when I click on download, I clicked on both, one gives me a white screen, and one makes me get some antivirus thing. why did you upload it to such a shitty website? I don't know. itd be appreciated if you could upload it to media fire or something. Thank you.

-doomslayer11122

Jon said:

Someone should consider uploading it to /idgames.

I second this.