Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

7869.wad

40oz said:

Erm that "house" mentioned in the story is the actual BIGBRIK house in the Underhalls, not an added area with ugly trees.

lol

It was actually pretty disturbing otherwise though.

Managed to fix that flaw.

Xaser said:

I think it'd be possible to produce something legitimately creepy in wad form, but I haven't really seen it yet.

I think the only way to make something creepy is to do it on a closed-source ZDoom derivative, and make it do various things with your computer (complete with UAC warnings). Otherwise if we know how everything works, it's just artistic, not scary. But I fear that the antivirus 'police' will find out and hammer it totally. Still, even then, it will produce some legends throughout the community, unless the moderators start acting spoilsporty and ban any discussion about that.

So yeah: spread a Freedoom+ZDoom derivative trojan/virus! Nobody will know!

You're mistaken in thinking I mean "creepy" anything other than an in-game sense. The "oh no the game is doing things THE GAME CAN'T DO" part is one of the factors I explicitly pointed out as something I dislike about creepypasta, and the same feeling naturally extends to a game/mod.

Having said that, I actually did read through the Godzilla creepypasta and actually liked it in spite of such. That's wholly because of the art, of course, particularly the design of the main "villain". It's such that if the game were to have existed as presented only with the real-life ties removed (and no real explanation behind the events either -- that'd spoil it), it might actually be somewhat interesting.

[EDIT] @Printz, Re-reading your post, it seems more like you're actually agreeing with me in opinion on the "I don't find 'creepy' games scary" front, and are suggesting it'd take the threat of 'realness' or other somesuch to actually cross over the divide. I guess I'd be a little freaked out too if a game were to start acting like a trojan, but that's mostly because I'd be afraid of losing my data. :P

Meh. Too cliche.

Also I like how the author stole the scream from the suicidemouse creepypasta. Lame.

I'd like to see someone make a creepypasta based on the rumored map of Columbine High School that Eric Harris made.

Kay Raiden said:

Noob shock-horror creepypastas...
I remember when creepypastas were really scary and WELL-WRITTEN.

I know that feel brah.

I once read about an amateur FPS project which would rely on detecting the player's actual phobias and distastes and then dynamically alter itself to present traps and situations based on those phobias. There even was a proof-of-concept video of it, but AFAIK it never took off.

I didn't remember this thread. Unfortunately I never saw the video. Could you post a link to the wad? It seems interesting.

Kay Raiden said:

I remember when creepypastas were really scary and WELL-WRITTEN.

Are you sure this really happened?

Thanks a lot. I can't download right now, but I'll definitely be able in a couple of days.

I got my brother to try it, and judging by his reaction (he thouroughly hates me right now) it was taken off youtube for a very good reason.