Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

creating new enemies

Yeah I am aware creating new enemies is hard, long, and tedious. But how would I start to do such a thing? Any help would be appreciated

Well, if you have a general idea as to what you want the enemy to do, you could always work on the DECORATE to have it do that and just use stock graphics in the interim.

I have an idea for 2 enemies to add to the game, to add an extra and unique new element to doom. One is simple, a flying slow creature that does massive melee damage. The other more tricky, and only usable in brutal doom. A creature that reanimates each time it is killed, only possible to truly kill by gibbing its corpse. These are probly rather difficult tasks.

Venk said:

I have an idea for 2 enemies to add to the game, to add an extra and unique new element to doom. One is simple, a flying slow creature that does massive melee damage. The other more tricky, and only usable in brutal doom. A creature that reanimates each time it is killed, only possible to truly kill by gibbing its corpse. These are probly rather difficult tasks.

1) Not at all. Allow a monster to fly, and then give it a missile state that does high melee damage. Can be done in less than 2 minutes.

2) This, I think, can be done with loops to check for actor health in the death state. If it has less than x amount of health, reanimate, otherwise, stay dead. Shouldn't take too long to do.

BloodyAcid said:

2) This, I think, can be done with loops to check for actor health in the death state. If it has less than x amount of health, reanimate, otherwise, stay dead. Shouldn't take too long to do.

I was thinking you'd just put the reanimation code in the Death state, but not the XDeath state.

Right, someone over at ZDoom forums just told me about the different death states. Yes, those work much better.