Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Recommended WADs for video series

Which are the WADs that you'd watch on Youtube in a Let's Play video series? Also, which are that would even make any sense?

For example, I wouldn't play Alien Vendetta, because even though the quality of maps is outstanding, the whole thing is too long and a lot of videos are already made about it. I'd rather play some WADs that has no videos about on Youtube yet.

Good subjects:
Aliens TC
All SLIGE'd Up (done)
Baker's Dozen
Combat Shock 2
Earth
Epic
Equinox
Hadephobia
Jenesis
Lunatic
Phobos
Revolution!
Suspended in Dusk
UAC Ultra
Unloved
Vanguard
Winter's Fury

Not so good but still potiential subjects:
Alien Vendetta
Back to Saturn X
Doom 2 Unleashed
Epic 2
Eternal Doom
Icarus Alien Vanguard
Whispers of Satan

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I gather every recommendations, so feel free to use this list if you also want some videos!

I would say ICARUS AV or Eternal doom but I think they have been done...
How about the PSX TC or (if you can find it) NRFTL?
EDIT: Aliens TC is also fun when mixed with the right music

I wouldn't mind seeing you add to your "Short WADs" playlist. Just pluck whatever looks interesting to you from the community at large. It doesn't matter to me if there's any relation between one video and the next. I watch these videos for the commentary, so you could be playing a complete turd and I would still probably enjoy it. :)

Speaking of Megawads, I would love to see your thoughts on Death Egg's Switcheroom! project. But that isn't finished yet, unfortunately.

P.S. Oh! Have you thought of having a guest over, like you mentioned Antroid doing - maybe have Antroid himself via Skype!

This time, my choice is Earth, this WAD will come after UT&T, but still feel free to recommend anything!

mrthejoshmon:

Icarus has a lot of videos already on Youtube, but maybe I'll decide it later.

AV won't happen, as I wrote it in the first post.

Eternal Doom would be good, but this is way too hard and long for me yet, and no one would watch me playing that through a year...

NRFTL also has a lot of videos.

PSX TC is not for me.

Aliens TC sounds good.

joe-ilya:

Whispers of Satan also has a lot of videos already, but maybe I'll play it one day.

schwerpunk:

I'll continue "ZDaemon Playing Events" series one day, with someone. =)

Suitepee:

With Pirate Doom, I'd like to wait 'til the final release.

I do remember playing a megawad called Jenesis, I don't see much videos of it either.
Its a difficult one, too difficult for me (I could not get past map04 because I suck :P) but the little I have survived looks and plays good.
Or you could try some of the recent wads at /idgames (or at least the good ones) as it is rare I see a video on any recent wads (or at least the good ones).

mrthejoshmon said:

I do remember playing a megawad called Jenesis, I don't see much videos of it either.
Its a difficult one, too difficult for me (I could not get past map04 because I suck :P) but the little I have survived looks and plays good.
Or you could try some of the recent wads at /idgames (or at least the good ones) as it is rare I see a video on any recent wads (or at least the good ones).

Wow , really? That wad is fun , and I'm not sure about the difficulty.
The first 22(yep the secret maps too)are quite medium or hard , but not hardcore.
I will get to finish the rest later.

Playing the master levels for doom is actually fun , not sure if you played it , Katamori.

Winter's Fury has a complete walkthrough already, made by Larzuk06, but I'd play that too.

Unloved is the same. Maybe that hasn't as many videos about.

Sunder. :P

Just being silly. I haven't seen much videos of Epic by Eternal, and it's only 5 maps long. Maybe something to ease the pressure of doing megawads all the time. :)

Hadephobia, because obviously you know nothing of Hadephobia (nor any map was made by you)!

On a more serious note, what about TVR? Sure visuals have not aged that well but it is still fun to play.

There's also BTSX, you can never have enough BTSX.

And if you don't want megawads you can try UAC Ultra. Or Vanguard.

Ooh, Unloved was good. Although be warned, I think it requires jumping. Got stuck way too long before realising that. regardless of if you make an LP of it, you should definitely play it if you haven't already.

A.Gamma said:

Hadephobia, because obviously you know nothing of Hadephobia (nor any map was made by you)!

On a more serious note, what about TVR? Sure visuals have not aged that well but it is still fun to play.

There's also BTSX, you can never have enough BTSX.

And if you don't want megawads you can try UAC Ultra. Or Vanguard.

Larzuk already made Hadephobia, but I may do that in the future, for the obvious reasons you mentioned :P (there was a bit hard to get the irony :D)

TVR is one of the best megawads of all time, thanks for mentioning! I completely forgot that because I didn't play that for 2 years...

BTSX isn't finished sadly, but not a bad idea.

UAC Ultra & Vanguard also sounds great!

EDIT: thank you too, Obsidian! You are very enthusiastic with my videos =)

A.Gamma said:

I know you're kidding but it is quite interesting to see a developer lets play their own work. I once saw a vid of Unloved done this way.

purist said:

I know you're kidding but it is quite interesting to see a developer lets play their own work. I once saw a vid of Unloved done this way.

Actually, most of the work was done by you. I just gave two decent maps and an idea.

Expect to have some issues if you ever do a play through of Winter's Fury. A few of my videos were banned from other countries.

Larzuk said:

Expect to have some issues if you ever do a play through of Winter's Fury. A few of my videos were banned from other countries.

That's not a big problem, my videos are already banned from Hungary by myself. :D

purist said:

Then you should make a Hadephobia Let's Play! I mean, you know the WAD better than all of us, and hearing your thoughts on each and every level while we see you playing will definitely be interesting.

I thought of doing that but I have no experience in LP'ing so it would basically be an amateurish audio version of my DW MW Club comments. Plus I'd have to expose my inadequate Doom skills.

Suspended in Dusk (SiD) - I just started playing this set of four large levels, and have been impressed from the beginning with its detailing and texturing, but most of all, its secrets. Like, OMG, if you enjoy complex, well-hidden, and highly elaborate secrets, you'll get a huge kick out of SiD's.

Death Egg said:

Equinox!

I've always felt the lack of something in Equinox. Maybe the lack of ZDoomism.

Keeper of Jericho said:

Doom 2 Unleashed (aka Pcorf's Community Project). You barely hear anyone mentioning that one nowadays, and only a few maps have vids on Youtube.

Don't worry, I know that! Actually, my first attempt to make an english LP Doom video was D2 Unleashed, but that was so bad that I deleted the recorded stuff.

Not my taste but good potential.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

What about NeoDoom and Doom 2 Reloaded?

I love both WADs, thanks!

You know, I don't have a good memory, but I have a lot of WADs including several less good ones, so I can forget my favourites easily. I haven't played NeoDoom for one at least 2 years, for example!