Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arclite

Changing Intermission Level Names

Hey I would like to know how I change the name of my levels in the Intermission screen of my Wad.
I'm aware of the CWILV00 - CWILV31 stuff, but I would like to know exactly how I can change the level name to something else? I see the name of the level in the CWILVXX, but I don't know how to edit it (Using XWE)? Like if I go into the Doom2.wad and go to CWILV00, how do I change the name ENTRYWAY to LOL? Is it complicated or am I missing something obvious?

vanilla compat:

use a program like DoomWord or bitmap-font-writer to create the CWILVXX graphics, then import them to your pwad

to alter name on automap, use a DEHACKED lmp with something like this:

[STRINGS]
HUSTR_1 = MAP01: LOL

zdoom compat:

add a MAPINFO lmp:
map MAP01 "LOL"
titlepatch CWILV00
next MAP02
secretnext MAP02
sky1 RSKY1 0
music D_RUNNIN
changing values to whatever you want of course

I recommend using Slade for all your lmp editing needs. wonderful program.

Ribbiks said:

to alter name on automap, use a DEHACKED lmp with something like this:

[STRINGS]
HUSTR_1 = MAP01: LOL

This is not vanilla compat I think, stuff like HUSTR_1 was added only in Boom (BEX). In vanilla dehacked it would look like this if I'm not mistaken:
Text 17 16
level 1: entrywaylevel1: lol

Ribbiks said:

vanilla compat:

use a program like DoomWord or bitmap-font-writer to create the CWILVXX graphics, then import them to your pwad.

Thanks man, it sounds like DoomWord or bitmap-font-writer is what I need.
Problem is, I just downloaded bitmap-font-writer, but I don't know how to use it. And I downloaded the .exe for DoomWord (that's all I could find), and it doesn't work. Or do I have to launch the .exe with a wad or something? Maybe put it in the directory of some other lump editor?

Edit: Nevermind, all I had to do was extract it into the XWE directory! And I figured out how to use it very quick. Thanks a bunch Ribbiks!

Arclite said:

Problem is, I just downloaded bitmap-font-writer, but I don't know how to use it.

A set of Doomy bitmap fonts to construct level names from also come in handy, here's some I did earlier. Setting the font's image spacing to -1 will in most cases give you the same one-pixel overlap as the IWAD text strings.