Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vdgg

Lift in Vile map24

There's a very cool elevator there with MIDSPACE preventing you from dropping down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/wojtunio/doom36_zpsefe1478a.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/wojtunio/vi24_zps9584658d.jpg

I don't know how to reproduce it - or basically, how to draw a sector equivalent to 228& 227 (apparantly at the same place) without splitting linedefs of sector 226 and creating a dozen more sectors.

I got the solution relatively quickly by myself :)
Draw a non-overlapping sector, for example inside of vile's equivalent of sector 226, then move its vertices; draw another one (you need two sectors to avoid HOMs). Move vertices over the first sector's vertices. It works for me.

vdgg said:

(you need two sectors to avoid HOMs)

Not necessarily, the traditional solution would be to make one self-referencing sector. (check out the bridge on Scythe 2 MAP17 for an example: you can walk under it but you can't jump down from it because self-referencing sectors 509, 515 and 516 block you) In fact, I've never seen this two-sector technique before but I guess it works the same way.

Do the self referencing sectors in question just block the player? Can you shoot through it?

40oz said:

Do the self referencing sectors in question just block the player? Can you shoot through it?

Yes, they only block movement. You can shoot through them like nothing was there at all.

I think you're wrong Rayzik. Try shooting through the invisible bridge on map03 from Plutonia.

I don't know if they're all the same, but usually self-referencing sectors block projectiles but let hitscans pass through.