Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glenzinho

Skull switch texture question

This question is in relation to SWxSKULL used in conjunction with SK_LEFT and/or SK_RIGHT: Does anyone know why there's a visual gap between the textures and doesn't display correctly?

Looks okay with a software renderer.

When rendered in OpenGL, then there are visible seams with GZDoom but not Zandronum.

[edit] see my post below

Kappes Buur said:

Looks okay with a software renderer.

When rendered in OpenGL, that there are visible seams with GZDoom but not Zandronum.

Yeah, I've just tried it on a different comp running just ZDoom and it's perfect... I was playing D2TWID on GZDoom (hardware) when I spotted it there, but I remember it happening on my old 486 on DOOM2.EXE back in the day.

I remember playing HR in GZDoom and MAP07 had a downright ugly HOM right over a passage. It's enough to shake your belief in GZDoom :P

I used that texture with the sides, and don't recall having any visual issues with it, even in GZDoom.

My guess is: you might be using some texture filtering or high-res resizing, I turned those off in GZDoom because I love teh pixels.

Yeah, the texture has visible seams when you use texture filtering because of the way the edges of the textures are handled.

I don't know what I was thinking of, but I certainly did not have my analytic cap on.
I must retract my earlier statement.
Thank you Z86 and Nixot for jogging my memory.

I should have remembered that, since Zandronum uses the renderer from GZDoom, there is no difference
how they render the textures.
Those seams are indeed introduced when texture filtering is set to any of the three Linear modes.
When set to any of the three None modes the textures are rendered without the seams.