Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

just got dehacked. now i have no idea how to use it

Just to note it: I have Windows 7 and DON'T need to use DOSBox for running Dehacked. However, I need it to run vanilla wads.

The most important after you get Dehacked is to modify its .ini file (README.txt describes it well) and then you can launch the program itself and happily edit. The interface also shouldn't be hard to navigate through.

scifista42 said:

Just to note it: I have Windows 7 and DON'T need to use DOSBox for running Dehacked. However, I need it to run vanilla wads.

The most important after you get Dehacked is to modify its .ini file (README.txt describes it well) and then you can launch the program itself and happily edit. The interface also shouldn't be hard to navigate through.

Windows 7 32-bit still includes ntvdm and can actually run DOS programs with about the same level of success as XP. Most people run Win7 x64 and thus aren't aware of this.

On x64 you can either use DosBox, or build a VM if you have copies of older Windows versions sitting around. I have a WinXP Pro VM which is handy for running 16-bit utility programs. Then again I also have Win95 and Win98 VMs that can do it natively without any tricks too.