Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arclite

Uploading a Wad to a different site

Considering my Wad is over 50 mbs in size, contains trademarked/copyrighted symbols, and has un-original MP3 music implemented (all which the /idgames archives said it doesn't allow), where is a reliable site I could upload my 270+ mb megawad to?

Ohhhh okay, my bad.
Well then a couple things, 1st: Where (Edit: On Doomworld) can I get started uploading my Wad?
2nd: Along with the Wad and text file, may I also include stuff like: q2tex.wad, cc4-tex.wad, and skulltag_actors.pk3 in the zip (those are the things that are required to play my wad)? Or do they have to be downloaded separately?

There are many different file hosting websites around the internet:

Mediafire
SpeedyShare
Mega
RapidShare
wadhost.fathax

I think it's bad practice to upload/include entire texture packs with your PWAD. Either make a custom texture pack with only the ones you actually used in your maps, or just write in the TXT file which other files to download from /idgames that contain the necessary textures. Otherwise, you're just bloating your file with redundant/unused stuff.

As far as MP3's, no comment except you better hope that RIAA/MPAA don't catch on to /idgames, because then a lot of stuff will disappear overnight (maintainer may just delete them all instead of sorting to see which ones are commercial music and which aren't). I think MIDI and MODs (protracker-type music) is a much safer bet... Plus they're a lot smaller in size.