Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Doom 64 for Doom II

This is what happens when I stop following a community for over two years.

Hope this makes it through, I've always wanted to see what D64 maps would look like in regular Doom.

Da Werecat said:

I thought it was someone else.

Oh well, my version was an experiment more than anything. The project uses stock textures, and I don't want to retexture this thing.

Thinking about it, it doesn't matter. Your map is great and I only did 1/4 of mine. It would be a waste of time not to use yours. If you don't want to retexture it, I can do it for you.

Me oh my, someone thinks about resurrecting a vanilla-geared project that isn't even dead and immediately, first-things-first, goes ahead to fuck things up with a "durr who wants vanilla" attitude?

No, this project isn't dead. At all. Just because the thread isn't being posted in every hour of every day is no reason to suddenly panic and decide to take matters into your own hands. That was remarkably selfish and short-sighted of you.

Tsk tsk.

Yeah, I may have pretty much abandoned this mod but the whole point from the start was to make it in vanilla doom. :/

axdoom1 said:

If you don't want to retexture it, I can do it for you.

I dunno, maybe I'll do it, eventually. Or maybe the rules will change.

axdoom1 said:

Your map is great

Thanks.

By the way, what was your idea about the transforming structures?

Da Werecat said:

By the way, what was your idea about the transforming structures?

I had the idea to use rising floor actions and some dummy sectors, because it's nice to see the structure being built. Mine was going to be more faithful to the original.

Nevander said:

Excuse me while I go walk off a cliff...

This is a ridiculous overreaction. Yes, what you did was silly and shortsighted. No, no one's sitting here wishing death upon you. Take it on the chin and move forward.

Fisk, your latest screenshots are looking fantastic. I'm really glad to see there has been further progress on this!

I have started to check this out and it's really good stuff!

Since it's not clear when (or if) this will be finished, I have made a mapinfo patch which lets you play all the levels that currently exist as a continuous episode without being interrupted by normal Doom II levels (except for the bonus levels ofc, they still remain separate and accessible via menu). Secret exits leading to non-existant maps will just lead to the next regular map (applies to MAP04).

Additionally, I have included an sbarinfo file to center the statusbar numbers (ammo, health, armor).

Doom 64 for Doom II demo mapinfo/sbarinfo patch (7 KB)
(Load this after doom64d2.wad)

Please keep in mind that this file will become kinda useless once all levels are finished and available, it's just a temporary "fix" to let you play what's there in a more convenient way.

Has anyone done MAP02? If not, I'd like to give it a shot.

Looks like Doomkid is credited in the OP, but I don't know what that version's current status is.

Sorry for bump, but whatever happened to this project? Has it been abandoned, or is the attempt to make vanilla compatible versions of the doom 64 maps still going on?

It's probably dead again. I would keep working on what I was doing but it seems they don't want it to get finished.

Nevander said:

It's probably dead again. I would keep working on what I was doing but it seems they don't want it to get finished.

I hope this does get finished eventually. I would love to play and speedrun these maps.

Even though I opted out, I'd really love to see this released, even if it isn't a full map replacement. Some of these vanilla interpretations are really cool and unique.

*Arch-Vile Sounds*

Hi all, again. So I started doing Map 08. It's an alpha version, no lights and monsters. I spent only 1,5 hours on it. But I think I can show few screenshots already:

Spoiler

DeXiaZ said:

*Arch-Vile Sounds*

Hi all, again. So I started doing Map 08. It's an alpha version, no lights and monsters. I spent only 1,5 hours on it. But I think I can show few screenshots already:

sorry, Da Werecat already made it.

Uh, really. Well, which maps I CAN do without fear of...lateness?

The to-do list isn't similar to Wad-Map-list in last build. Few maps which are not included in last build are already occupied by someone.

Is this still being worked on? I'd hate to see this project die because I really like the concept and it seems like there's been a lot of work done on it so far.

Who's leading it at the moment?

Mechadon said:

Someone who apparently doesn't care about the project.

Mechadon said:

Nobody, Death Egg abandon it around 2013 I think & no one has wanted to take over as project lead since then.

BaronOfStuff was in charge last I know. Perhaps he'd be willing to give the project up to someone more interested and motivated top finish it? I have a dozen projects (literally) that I'm juggling so I can't really take over, but there are plenty of others who can. There's too much completed work to go to waste.

Hmm, I'd hate to see all of this work to go waste too. I was thinking about this project the other day and actually was considering helping out with the organization, but I didn't know who was running it. I have a bunch of things going on as well, so I hesitated offering up some help.

If BaronOfStuff is too busy or uninterested in running the project, I'd be interested in, at the very least, getting things reorganized and back on track. I can't really do much mapping since I don't have time for it at the moment, but I can compile wads and keep things organized so people like DeXiaZ don't inadvertently make maps for slots that are already occupied.

I don't want to barge into the project unless its ok with the leaders though. I was just thinking about it the other day and yea...I want to see this finished :)

Posts that I'm reading here are really sad...

Well, guys, I want to finish this project. And my first attempt was failed due to my own inattention.

As I can see now there is a confusion about map list and as a first step I must understand which occupied maps in To-Do-List are can't be done by registered users.

In last uploaded build there are NO maps # 2, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 23, 24, 29.

In To-Do list Map02 is occupied by Doomkid92, Map03 is occupied by schwerpunk, map06 is occupied by Sniper109, Map09 - Scet, Map 10 - Z86, Map 11 - Doom64Marine, Map 12 - Sniper109, Map 13 - Avoozl, Map 14 - Z86, Map 15 - Sniper109, Map 17 - C30N9/_bruce_, Map 29 - BaronOfStuff.

Maps # 21, 23, 24 are not occupied.

But...any guys mentioned above are still in project? As users I know only Sniper109 (due to his KDiP project), Avoozl (as colleague from PSX Doom TLL project) and BaronOfStuff (as colleague from PSX Doom TLL project).

Other nicknames I see first or second time in my life. They are still here, in Doomworld? To ask them about this...

I may try to do Map 08 (Final Outpost), if I'm allowed to do it or if I'm allowed in the project. Don't know if I may not do the map perfectly, but I will try my best to do so if it's possible.

TheArcadeStriker said:

I may try to do Map 08 (Final Outpost), if I'm allowed to do it or if I'm allowed in the project. Don't know if I may not do the map perfectly, but I will try my best to do so if it's possible.

Oh god, did you even read the last page of this thread? THERE IS ALREADY A PLAYABLE MAP 08, lol. I did a mistake when started doing this map so I changed my mind to map 21.