Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity Engine 3.40.37 "Gungnir"

MINGW Version Information - Pick the one for you:

• Generic: This will be the standard MinGW compile. The included optimizations are -OFast, which matches the flags Quasar uses in the standard release.
  • Pentium MMX: This one is made for Pentium Processors specifically, although it should work on anything else. This version will have several extra flags to speed up performance, most notable of these being specific cache specifications. L2 cache of 256KB or higher is recommended for this. If you do not have L2 cache and this version gives you problems, run the generic. This is selfishly crafted for my box.
  • Pentium II: This one is made for Pentium II and higher, and is likely the version that you will want to run. Enjoy the conditional jumps you get from this version.
  • Pentium III: Just an arch change here. Core processors may run best with this one.
  • Pentium 4: I hope you don't have this, but if you do, we'll enable the necessary things for you.
If you have any questions, feel free to express them here. If you have any crazy x86 arches, I'll set those up too.

These will run on ANY flavor of Windows from 95 to present, no extra libraries needed. If you do run into a dll issue, please let me know.

Note that the OSX version currently requires 10.7 or more, chiefly because of no back-ported C++11 support given to 10.6. Solutions seem to exist in the horizon. When I have time, I'll try to add the 10.6 support. Look in the Eternity on Mac OS X thread in the Eternity forum.

I'll mention it there: Blzut3 has taken over the SVN build duty from me. Builds r2500+ will be compiled by him from now on.

Gez said:

I'll mention it there: Blzut3 has taken over the SVN build duty from me. Builds r2500+ will be compiled by him from now on.

Thanks for letting us know, and, thanks for the help all this time; it was very appreciated.