Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Newly discovered virus takes more lives, spreads

When I seduce it, you hit it over the head with a tire iron and Gez will trap it in a jar. Problem solved.

Given the apparent origin of the virus, what's the likelihood of jihadis switching from suicide bombers to lethal bugs as their terror weapon of choice?

If there is anything I have learned from playing Plague Inc. on my phone, is that Saudi Arabia is an ideal spot to start a virus.

If it unlocks Water Transmission 2, we are fucked.

So 49 people have caught it, and it has a 50% mortality rate. This means it's a pretty creepy virus, and because of the number of unknowns surrounding it, the WHO and CDC should certainly be looking into it. But CNN's quote that it's, "a threat to the entire world" (which Margaret Chan of the WHO said) feels like it was cherry picked for hyperbole. The media tend to like to use the scariest language when it comes to things like this because that's what sells. But the reality is that it's a scary virus that has not spread past an incredibly small fraction of the population. Heck, the WHO and CDC aren't even recommending that people restrict their travel to the Middle East. If it's such a huge threat to the world in the way CNN is framing that quote, don't you think they'd do that?

Technician said:

We need a benefit concert!

We need to move to Madagascar.