Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gardevoir

Shitty Map Contest!

Hello there dear DoomWorld community, I am happy to announce...

The Shitty Map Constest!

Starting from June 1st, a new Shitty Map Contest is going to begin! I decided to lead it myself with a group of friends. We are going to see who makes the best... or rather, the worst map! Although this event happened only in Skulltag, this time I want all the biggest Doom communites to participate in it.
Some time ago, back in the times of Skulltag, TheMisterCat had an idea of making a contest, where people could send their horrible maps and get them judged. The worst map of the contest was the winner. However, Shitty Map Contest #2 failed, due to fact of kinda dumb thing you had to include on your maps (polyobjects? Seriously?). This time, we are gonna make it old-school again (zandronum community wanted to use all map formats so... they shall get all map formats). We want you to make Single Player/Cooperative maps. They have to be... well... shitty, however, we won't tell you how shitty they should be. We will decide a winner after judging each map in different aspects. You think you got what it takes to make an awful map? Well, we will see... so, here are the rules!

1) The contest begins on the 1st and ends on the 23rd of June. (Judging all maps might take another week.)
2) If you want to sign up for the contest, post in the thread.
3) You can sign up from 1st to the 21st of June. From that moment you can submit your maps to 23rd, however, if you won't manage to submit your maps before 23rd you will get disqualified.
4) You can submit a map by posting a link to it on forums or by PMing me, if you want to keep them as a secret*.
5) You have to call your maps. While posting your maps, please include a name. You can do that by simply stating the name of the map in the post/PM, or by setting a name of your .wad file, or you can use MAPINFO/DEHACKED in order to do that**.
6) Only 1 map per contestant. Once posted, you cannot do any changes to it.
7) Maps have to be made from scratch.
8) Maps must use DOOM2 as an IWAD.
9) As people wanted, all map formats will be welcome. (However, please, do not abuse 3d floors or dynamic lights.)
10) Maps must be made for Single Player/Coop players vs monsters gamemode.
11) Maps must contain an exit.
12) Maps have to be doable without use of cheats. (Unless they piss us off enough to do that.)
13) No custom content allowed.

*All maps sent to us will be revealed upon the end of the contest. We might also put them inside one wad and release them as a Megawad. (If we manage to get so many maps, of course.)
**MAPINFO/DEHACKED is optional. You don't have to include it.

We welcome all mapping talents! We want the whole community to join this event! No matter if you just learned how to do a map, you already know how to do them, or you are a mapping god, we want everyone to try. So, when the sign ups start, do your best people (or worst) and remember, we do this for fun ;)

If you got any questions, feel free to ask.

Main topic at Zandronum forums : http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2765

I took a dump while pondering what a bad idea this thread is, can that be my submission?

Well guys, I've seen this thread before. First of all, this is different. We are not looking for old shitty maps or anything like that. You have to create new maps from scratch and so they are going to take a part in a contest. Give it a chance and it might me fun. :p

lol i remember that i did a little pile of turd level for the first contest back in the day in the skulltag forums....

- You have to call your maps. While posting your maps, please include a name. You can do that by simply stating the name of the map in the post/PM, or by setting a name of your .wad file, or you can use MAPINFO/DEHACKED in order to do that.
Done.

- Only 1 map per contestant. Once posted, you cannot do any changes to it.
Fine.

- Maps have to be made from scratch.
Done.

- Maps must use DOOM2 as an IWAD.
Of course.

- As people wanted, all map formats will be welcome. (However, please, do not abuse 3d floors or dynamic lights.)
Pfft, whatever. None of that's necessary.

- Maps must be made for Single Player/Coop players vs monsters gamemode.
Durr.

- Maps must contain an exit.
Well, obviously.

- Maps have to be doable without use of cheats. (Unless they piss us off enough to do that.)
I hope you've got a lot of spare time.

- No custom content allowed.
Now why would anyone need any of that to cook up a hunk of shit?

Looks like my intended submission is ready then, so all I have to do now is wait around like a dumbass until I can set this crapola free.

You can send it already. :p
The contest begins! I am still looking for more people to participate. Come on everyone, give it a try!

Edit: Please confirm your entry if you want to participate.

You can find the list of all contestants so far on Zandronum forums.

Here's my submission: GoldenEye 2013, a true to form James Bond adventure for Boom compatible ports. This map is for the most part story-based; it's strongly recommended you see the movie if you haven't done so already, otherwise some of the subtleties of the narrative might go over your head.

It isn't pointless. It makes me know that someone is interested in this and will submit a map. Besides this is a contest, not random shit. Did ya see that map anyway? Heh, that is why people should say they sign up. So I know what they send me. Then I go "wtf" and I dunno what I have to do it with.

I'll join. I already have a level completed that fits perfectly with the theme.

I don't happen to like the name of the project itself (swearing isn't my style), but the idea behind it is fun, and I want to support community projects. I just wonder if my map is too crazy...

This map is unplayable.

Nonsense, young man. You must be carelessly rushing into action. Revisit your classics - watch GoldenEye again. All the answers are there. This wad is canon.

Sorry, I spoke to soon. It is playable but still sir, you could tell me that you sign up before you post anything. I cannot allow this map to take part in the contest.

Edit: Well, know my kind heart and the fact that after some time I started to like it. But please, if anyone wants to submit a map, tell me before you post it.

Here it is! My submission (I already posted that I wanted to join, so I should be fine):
http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.241

CatDoom. Yes, the same CatDoom I submitted to the mad megawad project.

Note: It is absolutely possible to beat this without cheats, it's just a major pain and troll of a level, specifically designed to make you rage. Have fun! ;)