Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldat

The good and bad of Master Levels

I always thought Dr. Sleep, along with Mustaine's Paradox, were the best casual maps.

Sverre I always thought made good more puzzling maps for it.

Finally I always found Klie to be kind of boring. Other authors I'd say are sort of in between.

This thread is for all discussion. I think they are sometimes a bit under appreciated.

While I like all the maps for their different styles and lack of shittiness, there are three maps in particular that I really have to be in the mood for if I ever play them:

- Black Tower
- Trapped On Titan

These two maps are long by 1995 standards, more so as somewhat 'official' maps. I'm not always in the mood to play a map for 20 or more minutes, especially if I'm already overly-familiar with it.

- The Express Elevator To Hell

Weirdly, it's my favourite map in the set but not one that I play often. The constant up/down/up/down/up thing isn't really the ideal way to just get into a map and blow everything up. And getting that secret exit is only possible via one method, and one which I loathe at that.

Again, they're fine maps. They just require me to want to play them specifically, and not just grab them randomly from the ML directory.

Attack is the only map I really liked because it's a 'entryway+strange usermap' rip off for me.
A willits map if I remember correctly which guarantees solid craftsmanship.
Since I'll be dog sitting the whole day I'll dig out the old laptop and recheck the other "master" levels.