• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cannonball

Ragnor's birthday wads

Eris Falling said:

Oh come on. Was just going to do the thread for mine >_<

Meh, just upload it here and I will change the thread title to Ragnor's birthday wads :)

Cant believe you guys did this, there even TNT maps (my favourite IWAD)

*sheds tear*

I'll be going out to some movies and stuff sometime soon, so I'll play them later on tonight, thanks guys :D

cacodemons, raise your hands in the air and say yeah yeah yeah
oh wait you don't have hands. You must die!!!

Is there a good way to record the gameplay? I use GZDoom almost exclusively with Doom Expanded loaded (If your listed in its credits, why wouldn't you use it? :p) , so whatever goes with that.

Best way of recording demos is by using [url=http://zdl.vectec.net/wiki/Main_Page]

Then, in the command line, just put

-record demoname
ZDoom and GZDoom don't have backwards compatibility with their demos, so when a new version is released, the demo will desync, hence why everyone uses PrBoom+ for demo recording.

Back from being dragged to a mall with my brother so see that Fast and Furious 6 movie,
I'll play them shortly, got a homemade pizza made for me that must be consumed..

Ragnor said:

I mean for stuff like youtube. I'm too dumb to figure out demos :p

Demos:
1) enter a few parameters in the command line / shortcut / launcher
2) drag and drop the resulting file on the game executable to watch demo in full quality
2b) upload that file on a file sharing site in seconds, thanks to that file weighing mere kbs, and copypaste the link if you want to share it

Youtube:
1) find a program to record with
2) tinker with the settings until you hit some sweet spot of quality not affecting performance
3) make sure you have enough HDD space for the resulting uncompressed video
4) find a program to encode the video
5) scout the Internet for codecs to encode the video
6) go through the exact same steps people list in their guides.
6b) these steps will not work, because video codecs are black magic
7) give up and switch codecs randomly until something finally sticks and results in a video that works at all, even though it's already much lower quality and still weighs hundreds of megabytes; the whole process taking hours
8) start uploading to youtube. Better hope a) your Internet is reasonably fast b) your Internet usage isn't capped c) your Internet provider doesn't specifically limit Youtube
8b) in the process, youtube will run its own compression algorithm and lower the quality of the video further
9) watch it on youtube. Better hope a) your Internet is reasonably fast b) your Internet usage isn't capped c) your Internet provider doesn't specifically limit Youtube

Simplicity is in the eye of the beholder. :)

@_@ yeah, I'll just stick to screenshots then.

Besides, anyone watching this would be in tears by now. Apparently I suck today, cannonball's map has killed me over and over :p It's definitely fun though, and feels like a proper early TNT level. I'll upload the screenshots when I'm done (posting from Wii U midgame, whoo!)

EDIT: Oh man, 145 cacodemons arranged in my name ** Took me forever to kill them all, finished with 2 health :p

I'll put the screenshots in the blog entry I made for wads, what better use of the first post is there?

EDIT2: The custom music was pretty cool too, really set the mood.

Ragnor said:

EDIT2: The custom music was pretty cool too, really set the mood.

I really need to finish that one though, there's a guitar part missing but I just can't work out the rhythm :/

Eris Falling said:

I really need to finish that one though, there's a guitar part missing but I just can't work out the rhythm :/

Huh, you made those? Thats even more impressive. Was gonna ask where they were from. Also, is it bad that I expected a fish somewhere in one of those maps?

Ragnor said:

Huh, you made those? Thats even more impressive. Was gonna ask where they were from. Also, is it bad that I expected a fish somewhere in one of those maps?

The first MIDI is Sabaton's March to War, which I was toying with the idea of having as D2INO's story music. I got the start of the drums wrong too >_<

The second was just something I threw together a couple of months ago, going for a sad theme. Blame a fish. The key of the track is very fishy indeed.

A fish hadn't even crossed my mind. I should've really made a fish monster to go in the exit rather than two cacos. Would've been useful for the DECORATE + sprite creating experience :/
Trouble is though, would it have been bad if you killed it?

Which one is yours, the intermission or the level track?

As for the fish, I was thinking more like something you'd see on the automap, like a fish-shaped crater. You did mention IDDT..

Mine is the intermission track. It has similarities to TNT's intermission so I just threw it in there for the hell of it :P

The IDDT was for the RAGNOR cacos though. Can't believe I didn't think of a fish >_<

Theres always next year! I vote that you sneak a fish into (almost) every map in some form. In honour of the joke in the blog! (ties into Doomworld's fish thing in the process)

Side note: I really need a proper avatar. I was going to have a computer map in reference to Kyka's post, but couldnt find one. Maybe I'll use Strifeguy like I do on a lot of accounts. My current one is a default forum one, and I keep getting MYSELF mixed up with BloodyAcid..

EDIT: I didn't find a single error in your map, cannonball. I had a hard time figuring the rocket launcher secret out though

I sent you both the blog post I was going to make, image limits struck me down. Also according to post preview, I fucked up some of the images where photobucket refused to copy, leading to duplicate links. Oh well.

Eris Falling said:

Privatised.

Youtube now marks videos as private as the default option. SERIOUSLY!!!