Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

best Hexen Weapon

What is your favorite Hexen weapon and why?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Hexen weapon and why?

• Bloodscourge (mage)
    • Wraithverge (cleric)
    • Quietus (fighter)
    • Arc of Death (mage)
    • Firestorm (cleric)
    • Hammer of Retribution (fighter)
    • Frost Shards (mage)
    • Serpent Staff (cleric)
    • Timon\'s Hammer (fighter)
    • melee weapons

I like Timon's Axe and the Wraithverge the best.
But the Frost Shards and the Serpent Staff are also quite cool.

I'd like the frost shards more if they weren't so pathetically weak. If you hack them to increase the damage threefold, THEN you've got a great "weapon" at your hands.

The Frost Shards are definitely disappointing. It takes too long for the mage to kill ANYTHING until he gets the Arc of death, it really slows down the game.

I like the Cleric's arsenal the best actually, apart from that pussy mace.

Liam the Bard said:

It takes too long for the mage to kill ANYTHING until he gets the Arc of death, it really slows down the game.

Well, it's also easier because of the distance and piercing effect of his staff. If you get a hall full of dudes you can drop just about every one of them with only 10 shots.

Frost shards at least look really cool.

Lüt said:

Well, it's also easier because of the distance and piercing effect of his staff. If you get a hall full of dudes you can drop just about every one of them with only 10 shots.

Yeah that helps. The Centaurs are really a pain though.

Liam the Bard said:

Yeah that helps. The Centaurs are really a pain though.

Stupid walk-a-lot's.

I can't decide if I want to spent 10 minutes killing one, or if I want it to fire shots from it's shield instead of shielding itself from my shots. Each is equally frustrating.

The Quitus.
I'm more into close-and-personal weapons that can shoot apart from allowing me to get close and personal.
Second would be Timon's axe *whack!*

dsm said:

Second would be Timon's axe *whack!*

Definately =)

Come to think of it, I like all the fighters weapons. They're just perfect.

A lot of the other character's weapons are cool and look nice, but aren't really that functional or enjoyable to use.

The reason why the other weapons aren't as enjoyable to use is that they don't dish out enough damage to be truly satisfactory. Same reason as why I'm not too fond of Quake1's weaponry.

Oh, and my favorite Hexen starting weapon?
The fighter's gauntlets - especially against ettins! *smack*,*smack*, *POW!* >:-]

Liam the Bard said:

The Frost Shards are definitely disappointing. It takes too long for the mage to kill ANYTHING until he gets the Arc of death, it really slows down the game.

Actually the Frost Shards are one of the funnest weapons. Nothing like doing frost damage on contact. Challengng and very fun, plus it's 2x the pain.

And there's nothing like learning that magical distance where the maximum amount of projectiles are spawned and all of them hit your opponent.

bigbadgangsta said:

Isn't it Timon's AXE

Yes, and the Hammer of Retribution.

Yay! Quietus all the way!

BTW, do you know the meaning of "Quietus"? And don't go looking in a dict.

dr_st said:

Yay! Quietus all the way!

BTW, do you know the meaning of "Quietus"? And don't go looking in a dict.

quietus \kwy-EE-tus\, noun:
1. Final discharge or acquittance, as from debt or obligation.
2. Removal from activity; rest; death.
3. Something that serves to suppress or quiet.

Quietus is from Medieval Latin quietus (est), "(it is) at rest" (said of an obligation that has been discharged), from Latin quietus, "at rest."

Quietus is an English word (adopted from Latin as Zal said), and it means the final blow which kills the victim, or simply: THE blow which kills/neutralizes the victim.

Heh, Doom 2's db shotgun should've been called something along the lines of "Deathwish" or something ;-)

WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE WRAITHVERGE

quietus,no contest
wraithverge?.the wraith was flying around all over the stage and attack the enemies.that was quite looking cool.

Yeah, but the Wraithverge as a weapon doesn't look cool - just a Goddamned crucifix - I prefer a good battlesword with glowin' flames -yeahhhh :-P´

Killing Heseriarch(s) and Korax was very easy with the Bloodscourge, and i happen to like playing as the mage. Bloodscourge also cleans a room from enemies pretty quickly. Other magic's are pretty weak, though.

dsm said:

Quietus is an English word (adopted from Latin as Zal said), and it means the final blow which kills the victim, or simply: THE blow which kills/neutralizes the victim.

Or, you could just look in the manual, which says "This multi-part runesword is called Quietus because it's the ultimate way to silence your foes."

I did, that's why I looked it up in a dictionary to find a better, more exact definition of it - a translation of the word that is.