Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holering

Any chance we'll see a playstation doom total conversion with pc size maps?

Anyone think we'll see a different playstation doom total conversion; with pc size maps and more enemies? Thought it'd be really cool to see a sort of director's cut version of playstation doom with the missing enemies, more enemies for higher difficulty, and pc size maps; perhaps the missing maps from pc too (final doom portion would be a lot bigger).

Holering said:

perhaps the missing maps from pc too

This should be a community project!

Eris Falling said:

This should be a community project!

I do not think that ID would like it if we took the game they made and re-released it to PSN with minor tweaks

I assumed this was what Lost Levels was going to originally do. I would support a "director's cut" for sure, I love the PSX style. I can only play the TC with the mod that restores the monster's original speeds, but the map size is still highly reduced, especially the levels taken from Jaguar Doom.

MegaTurtleRex said:

Do you mean releasing it for PC or PSX?

It would be cool to see some PSX and N64 themed projects :)

Theres the PSX TC, the Lost Levels project thats converting the missing levels from both PSX Dooms, a project to recreate Doom 64 with Doom 2's limitations and textures, and Threshold of Pain, a PSX styled level set, which has a sequel in development.

Anything else I missed?

Fuzzelbob said:

I do not think that ID would like it if we took the game they made and re-released it to PSN with minor tweaks

You're missing the point.

Still eagerly anticipating Threshold of Pain 2, was a big fan of the original :P.
Hopefully The Lost Levels will have releases every 6 months which packages all the completed levels done so far, i know you can play the levels individually but id rather have the convenience and flow of all the levels being put together.

I've been doing exactly this. Surprisingly, it's much easier of a process than I thought it would be. It's on the backburner for now, but...

;)