Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonicus666

Starting doom collection

Hello all I am starting my doom video game collection . I just recently bought on eBay doom v 1.1 on 3.5 floppy disk . Well the mail man says he dropped it off this past Monday but I never received a package. I so bummed out I spent 75 for the games .

Well believe me I'm going to go to post office first see what they say. If not try to contact seller and try the eBay buy guarantee

Oh we'll it's still a bummer . As I wanted doom in floppy disk v 1.1 . I wonder if anyone is willing to sell a copy of theirs to me ?

For collectibles, I recommend having parcels insured and/or tracked, drop-offs aren't safe enough for my liking. Did the copy you purchased have 2 disks or 4?

Don't be surprised if this thread re-appears elsewhere.

I'm not sure if the shipping was insured have to ask seller . The game had 4 disks for doom v 1.1 . And 1 update disk for v 1.2

Worth checking, little details like insurance should be mentioned in the eBay listing, even if it's as an optional extra in Checkout. In some countries there's a minimal level of insurance cover on all postal items. That might apply in this case, though it's probably up to the seller to lodge a claim then reimburse you if successful. Good luck with that.

So it's Registered Doom v1.1 with v1.2 update disk. Not something I'd like to have go missing since it took me years to lay my hands on a copy.

How can I tell which version I have. I can't find it in the manual which version I have. My version comes with four disks.

I feel like it was stolen . USPS says they dropped it off this Monday at 5:05 pm. I was in fact home until 5:30 pm and I saw no package dropped off . So it's either lost or stolen

Might have been delivered to the wrong address, I'd double-check that with the seller.

dutch devil said:

How can I tell which version I have. I can't find it in the manual which version I have. My version comes with four disks.

Easiest way is to pop a disk into a floppy drive (if you still have one) and check the data files, each of which has the version number as part of its name. The manual's useless in that regard.

Went to post office no go nothing there. The seller can't make a claim because the package he sent me was not insured . Man I'm not in a happy mood and eBay for sure wont give me my money back

Well talked to the post man he says he did deliver a box Monday . So it's either lost in the house or it was stolen by some one outside the house

Can't help you with the 1.1 disks (only have the one set) but there's a set of 1.2 floppies on eBay, disks only unfortunately.

Maybe, that's for potential buyers to decide. All I can say with any certainty is that it's scarcer than the American version.

Well guys its been stolen from what I can see. That was supposed to be a Christmas present . Here's hoping to finding doom v 1.1 on eBay again . I will just keep on looking till I buy another one

Is there much crime where you live? It is a crime in the US to steal mail.

Also, if you have any nearby shrubbery check there because possibly he tossed it in a bush? I know that when I am not home, the USPS guy just throws the package behind a bush.

Odds are the thief was disappointed to find floppies in the box instead of a CD. <glances at Krispy>

Better luck next time.