Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heh, I was hoping for an ending where you throw the imps out of the room for being unfunny and then push them to some point of the map to trigger something, similar to your Chip's Challenge maps.

lol

FDA (about one hour long)

Surprisingly fun, kind of felt like my first time playing Duke3D somehow.

fda, took me over an hour.

at first i spent over 5 minutes trying to figure out how to exit the map, heh. i think i was lucky surviving the RL and BFG levels... and i couldn't figure out how to exit the voodoo doll map (i did use the correct complevel, hehe). i actually used rerecording on that map, because i fell for the crusher linedef.

it was fun, but i kinda hoped for more surprises in variation like the secret switches on the last map.

What am I doing wrong? It seems to crash every port I try it in, but this looks funny, I'd like to give it a go.

I think at the end you die from laughter so you can't exit. At least I don't see any exit linedefs or sectors in the editor.

I agree that more variation would be cool, this wad could be a modern rendition of DMCHAMB where like 20 levels were the same one sector map but with different textures and things.

Doomkid92 said:

What am I doing wrong? It seems to crash every port I try it in, but this looks funny, I'd like to give it a go.

run it in an up-to-date prboom-plus with this parameter: -complevel 3
it may look like this from the command line:

d:\doom2\prboom-plus\prboom-plus.exe -complevel 3 -iwad doom -file bustagut

Thanks for the fdas, it was funny seeing Phml use a voodoo doll to hold the door open (I never thought about doing that), and omg dew playing a slaughtermap :)

Memfis, I guess your first post was made before you played the final map? The comic imps use the romero head death states so the level ends when you kill one. Maybe that's why some ports crash, I dunno. I just tried it in zdoom 2.6.0 and the comic imps are invisible (I only tested in prboom-plus).

btw just in case, I like dbimpact and am not making fun of it, the map is just based on the title

D1? Why? This automatically means you can't place AV packs behind every corner and spam revs. I also find cyb count to be surprisingly low and CPs too numerous to rely on 2-shot kills.

*sarcasm mode off*
(Re)playability of the whole thing is questionable since the idea is original enough but in its execution it gets repetitive quickly and lacks variation. RL/plasma/bfg maps were fun though.
FDAs. Some deaths (because I suck). Also don't know how to exit e1m8.

I agree that it's repetitive if you play all the maps. It's just one map that you can play with the weapon of your choice. For e1m8, the imps have stage fright, so you have to find them and push them on stage and then telefrag one to exit.

TimeOfDeath said:

For e1m8, the imps have stage fright, so you have to find them and push them on stage and then telefrag one to exit.

this may be the most bizzare mission objective i've read about. and i know about cia trying to make fidel's beard fall out.

TimeOfDeath said:

For e1m8, the imps have stage fright, so you have to find them and push them on stage and then telefrag one to exit.

lol this is so great

I agree that it's repetitive if you play all the maps.

I thought it worked well because the maps are short and easy. So it's kind of like playing a big tough map in which I die a few times and restart, I learn the map and I improve. Especially as you kept monster placement sameish for the most part, introducing new ones gradually; and ammo/health pickups were at the same spots, so eventually I had the layout all mapped out intuitively, which gave me an easier time going through the harder fights in the final maps.