Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone666

Long wads with lots of monsters?

What are some good wads that are long (30+) Levels, and has a huge amount of monsters per level? I remember one back in the day that was very tech like and had custom sky textures. But I am looking for something that I can use DoomRPG with and Brutal Doom that allows me to actually get to max level.
Thanks

There was an old 1994 WAD called HORDES.WAD (not HORDES2.WAD) that was a single level, but it WAS long and had huge amounts of monsters (it basically forced you to fight 30 rooms in sequence, until you could access the most powerful weapons, and then there were 30 more ;-)

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33292&sid=428ab14dc15f8bcc551ba3b70af67b8d

That one, it is working wonders for me. It's a lot of fun i'm just having one issue with it and it's that between wads and save files it doesn't keep your levels, so if you beat level 30 of a megawad, than when you start over or go to a different wad it restarts you at 1 again.
The Doom RPG mod by Kyle (the one I posted) has drops, stat system, level up and ranking system, special enemies (color based enemies that drop different things) Spells, you can summon creatures, and so on. And comes with Brutal Doom Support.

I wouldn't really advise playing slaughter wads with mods that drastically alter gameplay, as they tend to be tightly balanced around traditional mechanics and may very well be impossible in certain circumstances. I'm not too familiar with the specifics of brutaldoom/doomrpg, so if it actually makes stuff easier than completely disregard that.

So yeah, give slaughterfest 2011, slaughterfest 2012 a whirl.

If you're willing to settle for gigantic single levels then you could try holyhell, or deusvult, or oku's insane map in progress. There are probably a couple eternal maps that fit the bill as well.

Well I downloaded Slaughterfest 2011, it was alright, super damn hard the first level and kept running out of ammo lol, but I enjoyed it for the most part.
But DoomRPG/Brutal Doom combo works with any doom wad, and it plays well with them so far. I just re beat (for the millionth time) H2H-Xmas with DRPG/Brutal combo and it was a complete blast, even re-beat doom 1, 2, TNT, Plutonia with it and the combo makes it interesting, give it a go you may like it. :)

Yeah, just get Sunder (even though it's 14maps and not 32) and you'll get insane monster counts which should take a lot of time.

I'm wondering how Brutal Doom would react with Doom Rampage Edition. Its levels are LONG, and it has a lot of enemies, but it's seriously lacking in the "good" department.

Zones of Fear (ZOF.wad);

Dark Tartarus 2 (TARTARU2.wad, has to be the 2nd one because Dark Tartarus 3 has a lot of custom stuff that might not be compatible);

UAC Invasion (iu-part5.wad);

Combat Shock 1 & 2 (c-shock.wad & c-shock2.wad, the latter one is more recomended);

Drown in Blood (dib28a.wad).

MegaTurtleRex said:

I can't get it to start with Brutal Doom, gives me a decorate error.

It does that for me too, just keep trying to run it over and over again and eventually it will work, that's what happens for me, also download the newest GZDOOM build as well.