Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NerdKoopa

[RELEASE] Voxel Vehicles Pack 1.0

This is a pack of static decorative voxel vehicles for ZDoom and GZDoom. Guaranteed to to give some life to your maps!
/idgames link: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17230
Alternate link here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dg4g09c7l4odclm/vvpck1.0.zip

Instructions: Since voxel model collisions are handled like sprite collisions, only the very center parts of the vehicles are solid initially. You have to provide additional collision areas with bridge things. To see how they are laid out on each vehicle, see the demonstration level. If you want to remove the demonstration level, just remove the maps directory from the PK3 file. The vehicles occupy DoomEd numbers 10600 through 10803.

Complete list of contents:

Cars category

* A 1960's two door sedan in 10 colors
* A 1960's station wagon in 10 colors
* A modern sedan in 9 colors
* A modern hatchback in 9 colors
* A sports car in 10 colors
* An SUV in 9 colors
* A van in 11 colors
* A pickup truck in 10 colors
* A semi truck in 9 colors

Special cars category

* A 1980's taxi
* A 1980's cop car - with and without animated lights
* A modern taxi
* A modern cop car - with and without animated lights
* An ambulance - with and without animated lights
* A fire truck - with and without animated lights
* A limousine in 4 colors
* An armored UAC truck in 2 colors

Aircraft category

* A plane in 8 colors
* A helicopter in 7 colors
* A futuristuc VTOL in 4 varieties - green and brown, with and without UAC logo

Watercraft category

* A hovercraft in 5 colors
* A motor boat in 6 colors

Heavy equipment category

* A bulldozer in 6 colors
* An excavator in 8 colors
* A tractor in 10 colors

Snow category

* A snowmobile in 9 colors
* A snowcat in 4 colors
* A snowcoach in 5 colors

Misc. category

* A chopper bike in 6 colors
* A tank in 3 colors
* A forklift in 8 colors
* A flying car in 9 colors
* A flying cop car - with and without animated lights

Now some screenshots. Please note that all the color variations are not shown in these!

Could an administrator please remove the old "[WIP] Voxel Vehicles Pack (Beta 5 release)" thread? I tried to, but apparently I don't have the rights to remove my own thread. I'm posting this request here because I didn't want to bump the old one.

Locking, okay; removing I don't see how it would be helpful. Better edit the first post of the old thread with a link to the new one, then lock it.

The flying brown car in the first screenshot immidiately reminded me of Flashback, and for that alone it is awesome. Can't imagine myself using these quite yet but they are amazingly well-made.

Alright, which of the motor vehicle would be great for a Hexen wad? The hovercraft? The UAC VTOL?

i would use the army looking vechiles and make a hexen wad where you would fight the military using magic / medival weapons
edit: actualy i think im going to do that right now
edit 2: cant get it to work :c

Hey. I think I'm going to use some of these now. :)

I'd like to customize some of the colors, and also learn and experiment with voxels and see where it leads.

I've downloaded Sproxel, but I can't seem to open or import your voxels, in order to customize them.

gemini09 said:

Hey. I think I'm going to use some of these now. :)

I'd like to customize some of the colors, and also learn and experiment with voxels and see where it leads.

I've downloaded Sproxel, but I can't seem to open or import your voxels, in order to customize them.

Use Slab6 by Ken Silverman instead. That's what I used to make these. As far as I know, it's the only voxel editing program that reads the KVX format. Here's the link to the zip file: http://advsys.net/ken/slab6.zip

NerdKoopa said:

Use Slab6 by Ken Silverman instead. That's what I used to make these. As far as I know, it's the only voxel editing program that reads the KVX format. Here's the link to the zip file: http://advsys.net/ken/slab6.zip

Beautiful, thank you so much :)

By the way, did you make all the color variations by drawing every surface from scratch, or is there a shortcut?

gemini09 said:

Beautiful, thank you so much :)

By the way, did you make all the color variations by drawing every surface from scratch, or is there a shortcut?

Slab6 has a color replacement function. I can't remember the button right now. It's been ages since I last used the program. Every single functionality is documented in the txt file that comes in the zip.

Well, Imageshack went full potato, so I had to rehost and relink all the images. I apologize if this comes off as resurrecting a dead thread.